Softpedia Editor's Review for Fresh Download
An easy to use and efficient download manager
Written by Bogdan Popa on July 3rd, 2012
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for Fresh Download
Apart from the download managers that nowadays equip all major Internet browsers, many users prefer to have a specialized utility that can accelerate, organize and schedule their downloads.
One of the tools that fit the description and can do even more than that is Fresh Download, an easy to use application that boasts a simple and easy to use interface that will enable you to keep track of all your downloads.
Fresh Download however is able to work with Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera and other browsers by monitoring the activity and popping out whenever the user clicks on a new download. Additionally, it tracks clipboard activity, so in case you copy a link, Fresh Download loads almost instantly and can take care of that file for you.
A feature welcomed in any download manager and also present in this application is the scheduler that allows you to set any download to start at a later time. Fresh Download also supports resuming downloads as well as multiple connections so you can get the files you need in the shortest time possible.
The settings menu is well prepared for numerous customizations so you can change virtually everything from integration, connection, excluded sites and logs up to user interface, site passwords and download completion options.
Fresh Download flirts quite nice with hardware resources and it's safe to say that you computer won't even know that you're running it unless you are downloading large files at very high speeds.
All in all, Fresh Download remains a good alternative to similar software on the market and given the goodies it packs under the hood, this utility can be added to anyone's utility belt.
Fresh Download description
Here are some key features of "Fresh Download":
· Turbo charges downloading files in FTP, HTTP and HTTPS protocols using your current internet connection (dial-up, cable, DSL / ADSL, satellite, T1, etc).
· Pause and resume broken downloads, recovers from a dropped Internet connection.
· Multiple connections download manager. To get the highest possible speed, this powerful tool uses 4 simultaneous connections (up to 8 connections) for the same file, while many other similar software only support single connection download. Based on user reports, this method may speed up your downloads by up to 400%.
· Easy integration into Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Netscape Communicator, Opera, Avant Browser, Crazy Browser, Maxthon / MyIE2, Slim Browser, in any Windows operating system. Simply grabs any URL from these popular browsers and Fresh Download will take over.
· Schedule your downloads for low traffic periods.
· Clipboard monitoring and drag & drop features. Easily grabs any URL from any applications.
· Antivirus support. Scan downloaded files from any viruses using your current antivirus software.
· Ability to download from password protected sites, in both HTTP and FTP protocols.
· Proxy Server support in both HTTP and FTP protocols.
· Plus now it has a built-in Zip file extractor.
· CPU : Any x86 if only Windows was started.
· RAM : Any size if only Windows was started.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Use 'del' keyboard shortcut to delete site password.