E-mail and SMS server for local networks and mobile access
NetMail-Light is an e-mail system for local networks and mobile access, either with the built-in webmail interface, or using the NetMail-Light client software.
NetMail-Light includes spell-checking and groupware functions like a diary with notification pop-up, instant messaging window and shared pinboard. Users can read and write e-mails from all LAN workstations.
Also optimized for mobile users - highly efficient compression and full-duplex transfer for GSM, GPRS, UMTS, TCP/IP connections. Gateway includes heuristic virus detection and rule-based spam filter so that these e-mails are not forwarded to network or mobile users.
Here are some key features of "NetMail-Light":
In your office:
· In a local-area office network, NetMail offers groupware functions like e-mail, SMS, dates, pinboard and instant messaging. Thanks to the integrated webmail interface, non-Windows computers can use an HTML browser to read and write e-mails. Or build your own HTML-based Intranet with NetMail's HTTP server.
· Even when you are not in your office, you have access to your e-mails. Using the mobile NetMail client, you can dial your server via ISDN, TCP/IP, GSM, GPRS or UMTS. Since NetMail uses a highly optimized and compressed protocol, the connection cost is minimized. Typically the transfer cost is less than 50 % compared to conventional e-mail programs.
· NetMail can access the Windows/Outlook address book (WAB). Together with CapiFax and CapiCall it can form a Unified Messaging System (UMS) so that voice mails or faxes can be forwarded as e-mails, or to send e-mails to fax numbers. Using a GSM modem like the TC35i even mail to SMS and SMS to mail is possible.
All you need:
· Spell checker, shared calendar, private and shared mail archives, a keyword-driven personal autoresponder, MAPI support for third-party programs, automatically sending files at specified times by e-mail (e.g. log files) and many other features are built into NetMail. Check out the free add-ons also, like an SMTP module for direct e-mail reception.
· Own Internet domain recommended
· Can create up to 3 user accounts
· Does not support a GSM modem for SMS
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Now with POP3/SMTP interface for third-party clients like Outlook, Thunderbird, smartphones