GMail Backup 0.107 Revision 691
Add it to your Download Basket!
Add it to your Watch List!
What's new in GMail Backup 0.105 Revision 664:
- The user interface was improved. Now it has the minimize button, so you can hide your backup process. If you want to see how many percent is done, you can simple look at the window title in the task list!
- We tried to fix an "Invalid credentials" error during backup. Now, the Gmail Backup tries to reconnect if it occurs. Can somebody test this feature?
- Internal structure of program was changed in many ways. The program now supports the ZIP archives to store messages. You can simply enter the path ending with .zip into the directory path and the program will add all messages into this archive.
- The Gmail Backup now uses templates to generate the filename inside the backup directory. You can simply specify the template using the hashmark after the directory name. The variables in the template are substituted with values extracted from the stored emails.
malware send us
- LICENSE TYPE:
- FILE SIZE:
- 4.4 MB
- OUR RATING:
- DEVELOPED BY:
- Jan Svec and Filip Jurcicek
- USER RATING:
- C: \ Internet \ E-mail \ Mail Utilities
It comes in handy if you want to create email backups, migrate emails to a different account and delete your current one, prevent worst case scenarios when you become the subject of identity theft, unable to access your email account, or simply if you want to read messages in an offline environment.
Does not store credentials
The interface is represented by a single window with all options neatly displayed. You can get started by inputting your Gmail user name and password. The application does not remember account credentials, so it is safe to use when sharing the computer with other people.
Process mails by date and back them up as EML files
After specifying a backup folder and time period to take into account (start and end date), you can initialize the backup procedure by clicking a button. It is also possible to process only newest emails. Restoring emails is done in a similar manner.
During the task you can view log details in the primary panel, such as current speed and size, sender name and message title. Emails are delivered to the specified location in an EML format, enabling you to use them in other email clients, such as Outlook Express, IBM Notes and Mozilla Thunderbird. The file names contain the timestamp, sender name and message subject.
Performance and conclusion
GMail Backup takes a reasonable amount of time to carry out a backup/restore task. It uses low-to-moderate system resources and does not interrupt user activity. However, the app does not include options to select which parts of the email account to process, yet automatically backs up messages found in all folders (e.g. inbox, sent, custom). Plus, you cannot filter emails by keywords or sender name, for instance.
Nevertheless, GMail Backup serves its purpose and can be used even by less experienced individuals.
GMail Backup was reviewed by Elena Opris, last updated on July 30th, 2014
Runs on: Windows All