Add it to your Download Basket!
Add it to your Watch List!
What's new in gpg4o 22.214.171.12491:
- Now it’s possible to verify detached signatures (PGP/MIME signatures) (The extended signature checking has to be activated when you select such an email)
- Improved resolving process of recipients to their public keys
- The improved key selection dialog can be opened before sending an email to verify or change a key for a recipient
- Alternative sending email addresses (“Send To” – field in OL) are now supported (The configuration of these new accounts could be done in “gpg4o” options dialog)
malware send us
- LICENSE TYPE:
- FILE SIZE:
- 41.3 MB
- OUR RATING:
- DEVELOPED BY:
- Giegerich & Partner GmbH
- USER RATING:
- C: \ Internet \ E-mail \ Mail Utilities
Initial configuration steps
The utility goes through an initial setup wizard, during which you can input a username and password that will be used in generating your encryption key, resorting on GnuPG for this operation.
Advanced options are available, which let you choose the main and sub-key algorithm and length, also having the possibility of setting an expiry date and a revocation certificate.
Generate encryption keys and establish rules for protecting your messages
Once everything is in place, you can launch Microsoft Outlook, gpg4o being located in a separate tab, in the client’s ribbon, from where you can configure the ‘Sending Rules’ or perform ‘Key Management’ tasks.
When writing a message, you can adjust the ‘Send Options’ by encrypting and signing it, as well as allowing HTML format or attaching your public key. The received email will only be decrypted by the intended recipient.
In terms of ‘Sending Rules’, the tool enables you to decide the conditions for encoding a message, for instance when the email or the recipient 'contains' or 'is' a user-defined term or address.
Then you can encrypt, sign and allow HTML usage permanently, even specifying the preferred key-ID. You can create one or more keys, as well as import existing ones or export them to be used in other applications. You can also issue a revocation certification, should you find it necessary.
A reliable email encryption instrument
In conclusion, gpg4o proves to be a highly useful and efficient Microsoft Outlook add-on that can successfully protect the contents of the messages you exchange with other people, making sure no ill-intended individuals intercept and view your emails.
gpg4o was reviewed by Marina Dan, last updated on January 5th, 2015
Runs on: Windows XP / Vista / Vista 64 bit / 7 / 7 64 bit / 8 / 8 64 bit