Weezo is a helpful and easy to use application which turns your computer into a powerful and secure web server, enables you to access your PC for personal use and share your medias with whoever and whenever you want.
A simple web browser is required to access your PC, with an OS-like skinnable interface. Shared resources are bound to password-restricted user groups: you choose who can access what. Security can be enhanced by using an SSL-encrypted connection.
All of this can be done instantly as there is no need to previously upload required files on a distant web server, and without any size or format limitation. Weezo is a helpful and easy to use application which turns your computer into a powerful and secure web server, enables you to access your PC for personal use and share your medias with whoever and whenever you want.
Weezo setup, configuration and use have been designed with simplicity as main concern, and is thus accessible to everyone. Weezo is mostly open source, and relies on open and secure technologies such as Apache, PHP and OpenSSL.
This permits add-ons to be easily developed, limitlessly extending your site: host your blog, open a forum, check your email...
Here are some key features of "Weezo":
· The concept of shared resources is at the heart of Weezo. Specifically, you define the elements you want to make accessible, either to you or your friends.
· You can create as many shared resources as you want: vacation photos shared with your family; party photos reserved for friends only; your audio library that you want to access from your mobile phone
· Photos Album
· Web TV
· 32bits display
· Broadband Internet connection
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· PHP ugraded to 5.4.11
· ffmpeg upgraded 1.1
· Brand new Webcam resource, with audio support and WebM/Ogg/Flash video streaming
· Photos can now be displayed in real-fullscreen (on compatible browsers)
· Remote computer control can now be displayed in real-fullscreen (on compatible browsers)
· Video files preview now display audio/video streams codecs
· Resource configuration: directory can now be dragged over interface
· Default photo thumbnails can now be configured
· Photo configuration can now be locked
· Shared file list modification is now active for logged-in users
· Many improvements in user interface and resources layouts
· Issue with integrated resource creation
· Facebook account login problem
· Display issue with accented shared directories
· Chat: cannot open chat log
· Error message displayed when downloading a file through a short link
· Cannot use a png file as background image
· Issue with non-ascii passwords for ...