kMule, which is actually short for Kad Mule was developed as an Open Source and user-friendly is eMule compatible client.
kMule was created as a lightweight software that does not contain bloat and can run unattended.
· Internet connection
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· for better understanding, we changed "low id" to "firewalled" and "high id" to "open" [WiZaRd]
· added button to proxy dialog to retrieve the OS proxy settings [WiZaRd]
· WINE compatibility [WiZaRd]
· using kMule under WINE would work because newer WINE releases include a "fake" wmvcore.dll file which crashes kMule
· kMule will now try to detect WINE and skip the guilty code parts automatically
· if the detection fails OR if you installed a proper wmvcore.dll file and want to use it, you can add a "WineCompatibility=0/1" entry in the kMule.ini file
· added button to edit kMule.ini to extended options page [WiZaRd]
· changed splashscreen to splashscreenex [WiZaRd - original by TBH]
· added ipfilter progress to splash [WiZaRd - original by JvA (X-Ray)]
· added option to automatically extract supported archive files [Tuxman/WiZaRd]
· unified messages & security tabs in options [WiZaRd]
· removed shared dirs from options [WiZaRd]
· using the shared files tab offers way more functionality!
· added "titanmule" to G...