FlashVideoReplacer is a Firefox extension designed to allow you to watch Flash streaming content with a less CPU intensive plugin.
There is no need to install a standalone player or download the videos, since the replacement is done on the web page, after it loads. You will watch the videos embedded as they should be. Nevertheless, you will need a Quicktime or Windows Media Player compatible plugin.
FlashVideoReplacer also offers other replacing methods, that allow to open the videos on a new tab, a new window or a standalone external video player. Support for all these methods depends on plugin and player compatibility, which varies from one operating system to another. Video download is also available via context menu.
Here are some key features of "FlashVideoReplacer":
· Various automatic replacing methods: embedded on site, new tab, new window, external standalone player
· Ooption to prompt for replace method on a video basis
· Easy video download, accessed via context menu
· Configurable download directory
· Detection of YouTube and Vimeo videos embedded on third-party sites (links only)
· Automatic redirection to WebM player on YouTube when available (no plugin required)
· Automatic detection of best compatible plugin and standalone player
· Plugin compatibility check tool
· Video quality control on YouTube
· Video quality feedback via alerts
· Option to prioritize mp4 format over flv when possible
· Option to force mime-type, in order to launch videos with different plugins or bypass incompatibilities
· Automatic detection of flash/script blocking extensions (alerts only)
· Firefox 3.5 - 8.0a1
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· fixed YouTube
· removed Ustream support
· fixed leaking global variables