Softpedia Editor's Review for SimpleTV
A IPTV player that allows you to create playlists and view TV channels from around the world
Written by Giorgiana Arghire on June 12th, 2013
Watching TV channels using one’s computer is no longer a new habit to those who want to be entertained without leaving their PC. There are numerous application that can be used to stream such channels, and SimpleTV is one of them.
The interface of SimpleTV is neatly organized to enable users to easily browse for a TV channel they enjoy - not all of them might be currently online, so one might need to try several of them until a working one is found.
One of the aspects that set SimpleTV apart from similar apps is that users can customize the way each entry is displayed within the list of the main window.
This means that not only can the main icon be replaced with a custom one, but users can also adjust the brightness, contrast or volume for each channel. In addition, users can crop the video stream, modify the aspect ratio or re-adjust the deinterlacing.
Furthermore, it is possible to export the current channel list as an M3U playlist that can be saved for later use or played with a compatible app. Alternatively, users can download playlists created by other SimpleTV users who shared them online.
Depending on the codecs they have installed on their computer, users can also rely on SimpleTV to play video files from local folders, with the possibility to navigate to the next or previous frames, and increase or decrease speed.
Another function of SimpleTV is its recording capability, as users can capture PiP streams according to a schedule they set up. They can also take snapshots of the currently playing channels.
To sum it up, SimpleTV can be a nice application for those who want to stream and record online channels, while also providing users with the possibility to export their playlist and share it with friends.
Here are some key features of "SimpleTV":
· Very flexible and customizable interface (you can switch channels with one click, the ability to customize their hotkeys, etc.)
· Playback and recording rtmp streams (support librtmp)
· PIP and Multi PiP (Cntr + P channels, or Menu; Multi PiP)
· Downloadable Schedule and record programs on the program
· The ability to edit the channel list / files to the player (moving, deleting, creating and etc.)
· Versatile ordering channels (create groups, favorite channels, search by name, an advanced filter)
· LUA scripting support (loading channels, processing the address channel playback, etc.)
· Search for a multicast channel
· Working with UDPPROXY
· record up to eight channels simultaneously, schedule recording, Time Shift - a shift in time, the screenshots of the flow
· Running in tray mode
· Playing video files simultaneously with the flow
· Full support WinLirc
· Internet Connection