Softpedia Editor's Review for TapinRadio
Listen to your favorite radio stations.
Written by Bogdan Popa on March 30th, 2012
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for TapinRadio
TapinRadio is a freeware Windows tool that lets you listen to your favorite online radio stations, while also providing advanced recording utilities.
The first thing you shall notice after launching the program for the first time is the large collection of stations. Organized by region, genre and network, the long list of online radio stations can be further enhanced with your very own entries.
While it also supports online updates to get the newest radio stations with a single click, TapinRadio provides an advanced search tool to easily find a desired radio station. What's more, there's a favorite menu too, so you can always save the stations you like the most for later playing.
TapinRadio works with the most popular web-based radio formats, including MP3, WMA, OGG and AAC+, while offering users an advanced recording tool regardless of the station you're listening to.
The program can automatically record the content and split it into songs, but it also comprises dedicated features to record a single song.
A settings screen is also available, so you should have a look in there too if you wish to group search results and favorites, mute volume on tray click, enable single key shortcuts or allow multiple instances.
Another good thing about TapinRadio is that it remains light on hardware resources most of the time, while working flawlessly regardless of the Windows version installed on a specific workstation.
To sum up, TapinRadio is definitely a top product, offering not only one of the largest collection of radio stations out there, but also advanced recording tools and a straightforward interface.
Here are some key features of "TapinRadio":
· Plenty of stations to choose from
· Supports most of the internet radio formats – mp3, wma, ogg vorbis, aac+ and so on
· Quick and reliable search
· Smooth switching between stations
· Record what you are listening to – including separate song files
· Automatic checking for software and radio stations updates
· Show your favorites in groups
· Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed: Minor bugs
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (Babylon toolbar) that the program does not require to fully function: