Zinc 0.8.6.7019 Beta 3
Unlimited Internet Video on Demand
The best sites, the easiest access
Zinc’s colorful screens were styled for display on a big-screen TV, because more and more that’s where today’s online video is watched. Connect your computer to your HDTV, and unleash the full power of Zinc.
- Top internet video sites are available on a single screen- find something to watch in moments.
- There are tens of thousands of programs and movies, all just a click or two away.
- Specially styled for display on the Big Screen; bring online video to the living room.
Designed with the Big Screen in mind
Most video websites are designed to be viewed on a computer, and controlled with a mouse, but their programs are often perfect for watching on a big screen HDTV. Zinc creates the bridge- connect your computer to your HDTV, and Zinc lets you:
- Navigate using the arrow keys on a keyboard or a Media Center compatible remote control
- Automatically launch videos in full-screen mode
- Bring the world of online video to your living room!
Quickly Find Something to Watch
Zinc organizes and presents program choices in an easy-to-understand way.
- Movies are presented by Genre with the newest first
- TV shows always have the latest episode at the top
- Users can store preferred shows in a Favorites file, for fast access.
- News and Sports stories show the date and time, so you're always current
- Navigate using 5-way controls:
- Zinc is designed for ease of use when displayed on a big-screen HDTV. Its special layout, with “tiles” and lists of programs, lets you navigate using just the left, right, up, and down arrows on your keyboard or remote, plus the enter button. Now you can enjoy and control internet video from the comfort of your couch.
- Easy to find what you want to watch:
- Zinc includes a powerful search function to help you sift through the thousands of programs available online. And for programs with multiple episodes, Zinc lists the most recent episode first- unless you choose to filter or sort the results differently to find specific episodes more quickly. The bottom line: you’ll find your favorite programs fast.
- Favorites & New - customized channels:
- The Favorites tab holds links to your favorite shows, clips, and web sites. And if you choose, you can subscribe to shows, so that whenever new episodes of those shows are posted to the web, they automatically appear in the New tab too. It’s a great way to stay up to date on your favorite series.
- Access content stored on your computer:
- It’s easy to make all your podcasts, home movies, torrents, etc. available through Zinc. Just tell it which folders on your computer it should monitor for new media, and whenever something is added to those folders, it will automatically show up in the Local Content tab on Zinc.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Much more content, including popular sites like Netflix, CBS and Revision3
- More information on all content, including descriptions, release dates and ratings
- Significant enhancements to navigation - find what you want faster