The SABnzbd application was designed to be an open-source cross-platform binary newsreader written in Python.
It simplifies the process of downloading from Usenet dramatically, thanks to its friendly web-based user interface and advanced built-in post-processing options that automatically verify, repair, extract and clean up posts downloaded from Usenet.
SABnzbd also has a fully customizable user interface, and offers a complete API for third-party applications to hook into.
The portable version of the application can be found here.
Here are some key features of "SABnzbd":
· Multi-threaded newsgroup downloader.
· Automatic repair and extract of downloaded files.
· Low RAM usage.
· Fully featured WebUI allowing remote login.
· NZB file support
· Support for the Newzbin API
· Post download scripting
· Post download E-Mail notifications
· Automatic RSS download support
· Support for multiple usenet servers
· Folder monitoring
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Another encryption detection fix
· When post has just one par2 set, use wildcard so that all files are used
· "addurl" api-call did not always accept nzbname parameter
· Special option "enable_recursion" to control recursive unpacking