The w.bloggar is a program that acts as an interface between the user and one or more blog(s); in other words, it is a Post and Template editor, with several features and resources that the browser based blog editors do not offer.
Because w.bloggar runs over the Windows GUI, it allows the user to edit posts without being connected to the Internet. Posts can be saved locally; and anytime the user wants to publish a new text, one click on the w.bloggar icon in the system tray brings up the editor, and one more click will post it to the weblog.
Another great advantage of w.bloggar is that it is compatible with most of the weblog systems available, allowing an advanced user to have only one interface to several accounts hosted on several different sites, using different publishing systems.
To communicate with the weblog, w.bloggar requires that the blog system have implemented an API (Application Programming Interface.) Currently, w.bloggar is compatible with all tools that implements Blogger API, metaWeblog API, MovableType API and b2 API; all based on the XML-RPC definition.
Here are some key features of "w.bloggar":
· Post and Publish on most blogs/cms tools and services
· Edit Posts and Templates
· Save Posts locally for further publishing
· Import Text files
· Add links and images
· Format text font and alignment
· Multiple accounts and blogs
· Post preview
· Colorized HTML code
· HTML tags menu
· Find/Replace option
· Post to many blogs
· Title and Category Fields
· Spell Checking
· File and Image Upload
· Custom Tags Menu
· Toolbar Icons Skin
· Support to the advanced
· Internet Connection
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Created two new buttons on Recent Posts window to allow the user check/uncheck all posts
· Support to be used as a portable application, with no need to install, to be stored on a usb pen drive