Java Movie Database 1.5
A Java-based application to search for information about movies, actors, actresses, producer, director and everything related to those
The Java Movie Database was designed to be a Java-based application to search for information about movies, actors, actresses, producer, director and everything related to those. It's planned that JMDB will be an open source project in future, that means that the source code will then be available.
- uses the Earth's Biggest Movie Database available
- easy access to this information
- speed: searching of movies will take less then 2 seconds (the very first search takes some seconds longer), displaying complete information on one of them (~44 db tables) another 2 seconds (tested with a 2,4 GHz Windows machine running JMDB and also the database)
- using of threads for searches and database converter for better feedback when waiting for the SQL database server and for making multiple parallel searches
- movie collections for viewing your DVD, HD-DVD, Blue-ray (BD) or VHS movies list inside JMDB
- ability to make every possible combination of search requests
- mostly platform independent, runs on Linux, Mac OS X, any Unix, Windows, OS/2, eComStation,...
- the produced MySQL or PostgreSQL database can be accessed by other applications that can access MySQL or PostgreSQL
- easy installation with Windows and OS/2 installer packages, zip-file is also available for all OSes
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!