RabbIT was developed to be a web proxy that speeds up web surfing over slow links by doing:
· Compress text pages to gzip streams. This reduces size by up to 75%
· Compress images to 10% jpeg. This reduces size by up to 95%
· Remove advertising
· Remove background images
· Cache filtered pages and images
· Uses keepalive if possible
· Easy and powerful configuration
· Multi threaded solution written in java
· Modular and easily extended
· Complete HTTP/1.1 compliance
· Java/6+ only
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Cleanup of the request logging. Make sure that logging is done off the selector threads so that we can call external loggers.
· Added configurable traffic usage loggers so that it is easy to log user network traffic usage.
· Extracted cache configuration to its own interface and moved the ncache implementation to its own package. The CacheEntry interface was cleaned up so that it is easier to implement and easier to use, some methods that were only for internal usage were removed.
· More fixes for http headers reading, when the header has been split into many different blocks on the network.