WinGate 8.3.1 Build 4769
Add it to your Download Basket!
Add it to your Watch List!
What's new in WinGate 8.3.1 Build 4769:
- Fix: SSL: Problem with changed start order of modules revealed a problem with initialisation of OpenSSL that could cause mail delivery to fail when using STARTTLS
- Fix: POP3 Collection: Fixed issue causing problems connecting to pop3s servers on upgrade.
- Fix: POP3 Collection: Was not honouring setting for SSL/TLS version in the case of STLS-negotiated SSL/TLS layer
- Fix: SMTP Delivery: Was not honouring setting for SSL/TLS version in the case of STARTTLS-negotiated SSL/TLS layer
malware send us
- LICENSE TYPE:
- FILE SIZE:
- 35 MB
- OUR RATING:
- DEVELOPED BY:
- USER RATING:
- C: \ Internet \ Servers \ Proxy Servers
PART OF: Proxy Servers download hub ( + 1 other )see alternatives
As an Internet sharing tool, the program is able to facilitate the access to other computers by using NAT or proxy technology and allows you to control the traffic by using advanced rules. Each rule can include a schedule for restricting the access to a specified time interval.
An unprotected Internet connection can expose the workstations to various threats, therefore WinGate includes a firewall designed to shield them from potentially dangerous content. The unwanted connections can be blocked or redirected by using security filters.
The program includes email tools which enables the server to host email domains, configure mailboxes and filter the messages before they are distributed to the users. It uses a SMTP delivery service and allows you to retrieve the messages from POP3 accounts in order to distribute them to local mailboxes.
Besides the network resources management, bandwidth control and email hosting features, the gateway also includes multiple reporting tools for diagnosing network problems. The notification system enables the administrator and other important staff to learn about important events via email.
Although the application is clearly designed for the network administrators who need to manage medium or large networks, the included documentation and video tutorials can help any user get accustomed with the program features.
Overall, the WinGate application is a useful tool for sharing an Internet connection and managing the rules that define the user access.
WinGate was reviewed by Sorin Cirneala, last updated on March 12th, 2015
Runs on: Windows XP / XP 64 bit / Vista / Vista 64 bit / 7 / 7 64 bit / 8 / 8 64 bit / 2003 / 2008 / 2008 64 bit / 2008 R2 / Server 2012
feature list requirements limitations