Microsoft Communicator 2010 Attendee was developed to be a meeting application that facilitates joining Communications Server hosted meetings.
With Lync 2010 Attendee, a user can join a meeting in one of two ways:
· As an unauthenticated user, by providing a guest display name.
· As an authenticated user by providing corporate credentials.
Depending on how the organizer has set up the meeting, the user will either join the meeting immediately or wait in the lobby until a meeting presenter admits the user.
Here are some key features of "Microsoft Communicator 2010 Attendee":
· This applications allows users to join Communications Server hosted meetings they are invited to by providing a display name. The application allows the user to wait in lobby if required by the meeting organizer and get admitted only once the organizer approves.
· NOTE: This application joins the meeting as anonymous and does not let the user provide any credentials. Hence if the user installs this applications they join all Communications Server hosted meetings as anonymous user.
· This application provides different communication capabilities while in the meeting. Supported communication modalities are IM, audio and video.
· This application also provides a set of tools for collaboration during the meeting. Examples of such tools are application sharing, screen sharing, sharing handouts, white board and present PowerPoint slides.