Serlog is a server log analyzer that answers some crucial marketing questions: What search engine keywords are visitors using? What websites are sending us traffic? And most importantly, what websites are referring visitors who make purchases?
It also includes all the standard statistics and reports that you would expect from a server log analyzer: hits, sessions, visitors, browsers, platforms, spiders, bandwidth, countries, entry/exit pages, errors, search engines, and more.
Serlog allows you to limit the scope of the report to a subset of files, or even an individual file. It can also generate a document containing a customizable set of reports. The application can be considered to be a gold mine of information in your logs.
Here are some key features of "Serlog":
· Reports the number of referrals and conversions for each referrer. This is very useful for determining where advertising is paying off, and where it is being wasted.
· Reports the number of referrals for each search keyword. The keywords can be isolated for individual pages. This allows you to determine which keywords should go in each page's "keywords" meta tag. This in turn will improve the page's search engine traffic.
· Reports the total number of referrals for each search engine. This allows you to concentrate your pay-per-click participation on the search engines that send the most traffic.
· Downloads logs from an FTP server.
· The scope of all reports can be limited to a set of files, or an individual file. No other server log analyzer has this capability.
· Graphs can be divided by days, weeks, or months. Day of Week and Hour of Day modes are also supported.
· Errors and spider traffic can be excluded from reports.
· Erroneous referrals can be reported. This is useful for informing other websites that they have broken links.
· If the log file format is not one of the available presets, and auto-detection is not possible, the user can manually configure the format. This allows Serlog to analyze a wide range of uncommon formats. The "Test Interpretation" tool assists with the manual configuration.
· A document containing a customizable set of reports can be generated. This document can be in two formats: a set of HTML files and images, or it can be compiled into a single, self-contained CHM file. CHM files can be opened on any system that has Internet Explorer 4 or later.
· Supports log files that are compressed inside of a .ZIP file.
· The settings used to generate a single report can be saved to a "Preset" for later retrieval.
· The data files used to detect browsers, platforms, search engines, and spiders are simple text files that can be modified by the user.
· All of the settings used to perform the log analysis can be saved to a "project" file.
· Does not require any modification of the website. Does not require any software to be installed on the web server.
· 12 MB of hard disk space
· 30 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Major interface improvements. Improved all skins.
· Added the "Graph: Errors" report.
· Added statistics on image hijacking.
· Added the "Breakdown Source" tool to the bottom of the Referrers table. This is useful for seeing which pages on a referrer's site are sending you traffic.
· Added the "Breakdown Target" tool to the bottom of the Referrers table. This is useful for seeing which pages on your site are receiving traffic from a referrer.
· Added the "Graph" button to the bottom of the Popular Files table. This will generate a graph of the hits of the selected file over time.
· Added the "Agent Breakdown" tool to the bottom of the Spiders table. This will show a list of the agent strings used by a selected spider.
· Added the "File Filter - Minimum Hits" setting to the Settings tab.
· Added the "Exclude Successes From Errors Pie Chart" option to the Settings tab.
· Added the "Conversion Rate" column to the Search Keywords table.
· Added the "Deselect Downloads", "Deselect Images", and...