The System Center Service Manager – Exchange Connector package provides a way to connect Service Manager to Exchange for processing incoming emails related to incidents and change requests.
The emails can update the incident action log or change the status of an incident to resolved or closed. Incoming emails with special keywords allow a change request reviewer to approve or reject a review activity and activity implementers can mark activities assigned to them as completed. The SendEmail solution allows analysts to send messages to users via email from the console.
Here are some key features of "System Center 2012 Service Manager - Exchange Connector":
· Create incident from email
· Update incident action log from email
· Resolve or close incidents from email
· Approve/reject change requests from email
· Update change request “action log” from email
· Mark manual activities completed from email
· Add email file attachment to work items as attachments
· Send notifications to users from the console
· System Center Service Manager 2010 SP1
· Microsoft Exchange 2007 SP3 or Exchange 2010 SP1
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support for impersonation so you can now have multiple Exchange connectors monitoring different mailboxes each with their own unique configuration
· Each user in the To/CC of each email is added as a Related configuration item to the work item
· Works with Office 365
· The Exchange Web Service URL to connect to can be configured instead of relying on auto discovery
· Works with service requests
· Any kind of work item can be created from a template – incident, service request, etc.
· Update problem records
· Much more detailed logging
· Detailed event log logging is turned off by default
· The email itself can be optionally added as an attachment to the work item