Softpedia Editor's Review for Flash Player Pro
A Flash player, a manager and a Flash screensaver maker
Written by Elena Opris on March 12th, 2013
Flash Player Pro is a program that was designed to help you play video files in the SWF or EXE format.
The user interface of the software is plain and simple. You can either use the tree view or open the file browser to search for videos.
Plus, you can view clips as large or small icons, list, details, thumbnails, as well as sort them according to name, file size or created time.
So, you can copy, move, delete or rename Flash files in the aforementioned formats, switch to full screen mode, zoom (in, out, exact fit), take a snapshot (as a BMP file), set an image as wallpaper or create a screensaver.
In addition, you can convert SWF files to EXE or viceversa (optionally set the output destination, remove original files and select the action to take in case files exist with the same name).
You can also download Flash movies (save files to a specific output directory) and configure settings for the favorites folder (e.g. change path, create new folder).
However, on the downside, the video stops playing after you take specific actions (e.g. select another folder in the treeview). Furthermore, if you switch the video-viewing mode to thumbnails, the last file found in the respective folder will automatically start playing somewhere in the background (this happens even if there is only one video in the folder). The only way to stop this is by resetting the application.
Flash Player Pro uses a moderate amount of system resources and contains a comprehensive user guide. All in all, this program is a very good and easy to use tool for viewing and converting SWF and EXE video files.
Flash Player Pro description
Here are some key features of "Flash Player Pro":
· Browse Macromedia flash movies with built-in viewer.
· View or play flash movies with built-in player.
· View or play movies in full screen model.
· Make flash screensaver with a few mouse-click.
· Make flash screensaver installer and distribute it with ease.
· Capture flash movie image and save it.
· Capture flash movie image and set wallpaper.
· Build your own favorite folder, and browse flash movies in it.
· Make conversion between SWF and EXE flash movies.
· Copy or move flash movies to another folder.
· Rename flash movies.
· Pentium 166MHz or higher
· 64 MB of available RAM at least
· Macromedia Flash Player 6 ActiveX control or higher version.
· True Color or Hi-Color display adapter and monitor, with 800x600 (recommended) or higher display mode. Your Flash movie will look their best if you set the display settings to High Color (16-bit) or True Color (24-bit) color resolution.
· 15 days trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support Windows 8
· Some minor tweaks