Softpedia Editor's Review for FlowPlayer Flash
You can use this application to improve the appearance and functionality of your website.
Written by Sorin Cirneala on August 22nd, 2012
FlowPlayer is a development tool that allows you to create web pages that stream Flash movies. The app can be embedded in any website in order to enhance the content with video clips, presentations or family movies.
This tool includes all the basic features of a media player and allows the user to maximize the video, to adjust the volume and to jump to a certain time of the video by clicking the progress bar. The streaming technology allows you to jump to any part of the video file without having to load the entire file.
An interesting feature of the player is the ability to switch between video streams in order to provide the best possible content to users with different Internet connection quality. This feature is enabled by the Bandwidth detection plug-in that monitors the maximum bandwidth and changes the bitrate accordingly.
Due to the discrete design and easy to use interface, you can use the player on any color theme and website layout. You can also customize the player by editing its skin in order to fit your needs. You can change the color of the interface or add images to create a personalized version for your website.
The FlowPlayer is a good solution for streaming FLV videos to your website and providing optimized quality content to your visitors.
FlowPlayer Flash description
· Web server
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· fixes for #627, handle the display init on startup.
· dispatch begin if in paused mode too early.
· if start has been dispatched already prevent dispatching many begin events.
· for the free player swap the logo with the stage video mask to display underneath not on top.
· pass in stream clips through and close the stream before returning to the parent clip.
· when replaying flag start has dispatched on the current clip.
· fixes for #627 check if the stagevideo dimensions and positioning has changed to update the stage video mask with.
· unbinding and binding stage video events caused issues with instream playlists therefore has to be kept binded.
· unbinded stage video events during seeking to prevent the mask repositioning.
· update url filter to accommodate for pretty urls with semi colons.
· if we have metadata already set it is being updated during seeks and switching, dispatch metadata change events instead.