TextPipe Standard is a comprehensive and reliable utility that provides users with the ability to search and replace program code.
Update text using search and replace, which supports perl pattern matching, sounds-like matching, edit-distance matching and search/replace lists.
Convert files from foreign computer systems between mainframe fixed-length formats and DOS, Macintosh and Unix line-feed formats.
Filters can split or join files, add or remove lines or columns, remove blanks from the start or end of each line, remove blank lines, remove HTML tags, remove duplicate lines, add line numbers, sort, center or right justify text, word wrap, convert between ASCII and EBCDIC, OEM and ANSI, Unicode and ANSI, remap ANSI or Unicode characters, expand or contract tabs, remove backspaces, remove binary characters, pad or truncate or force lines to a predetermined width, generate word lists and much more.
Restrict filters to operate in line or column ranges, CSV- or tab-delimited fields, lines that match or do not match a pattern, and search replacements (allowing replacement text to be capitalized etc).
TextPipe can be fully automated via the command-line or scripted via a COM interface. Handles files even larger than 2 GB. Full audit logs keep track of the filter lists run, files modified and changes made. More than 100 example filter files are included along with a comprehensive online manual and tutorial.
· 64 MB RAM
· 15 MB HDD space
· 30 days trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed installer issue on x32 systems.
· Retain modified dates now works for compressed files (for the compressed file itself).
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (Babylon Toolbar) that the program does not require to fully function