Softpedia Editor's Review for Nokia Configuration Tool
A handy application that enables advanced local settings management for selected Nokia devices
Written by Giorgiana Arghire on February 27th, 2013
Those who own an old Nokia mobile phone and are reluctant to upgrade to a newer model, might have encountered issues when trying to manage files on their device using a computer. Nokia Configuration Tool could be of great use, as it was developed especially for Nokia S60, Symbian Anna and Nokia Belle devices.
In order to enjoy the functions of the application, users need to connect their phone via the dedicated USB cable then their device will be automatically detected.
Once the model number has been correctly identified, one can create a profile and a workspace for that specific device - this way, they can rely on Nokia Configuration Tool to manage multiple phones without needing to set up the details every time.
The software solution can be used to configure a wide range of settings, including wireless LAN (if supported by the phone), e-mail or Internet access point (IAP) details.
Those who are not familiar with these types of settings can also simply transfer the items they stored on their Nokia device to the computer, thus backing up their most valuable photos, audio tracks and videos.
Furthermore, users can transfer contact cards and applications to the PC, so that they are safe in case anything happens to the handset. Also, they can be restored to the device at a later time.
The graphic interface of Nokia Configuration Tool is kept as intuitive as possible, so that even users who do not have expert PC skills can still transfer files and backup phone contents.
All in all, Nokia Configuration Tool can come in quite handy to all users who value their old-school Nokia phone and are not willing to buy a more powerful device. Those who have chosen to upgrade their Nokia phone are advised to use Nokia PC Suite instead of this software solution.
Nokia Configuration Tool description
Here are some key features of "Nokia Configuration Tool":
· Manage: Internet Access Point (WLAN, GPRS, (HS)CSD), e-mail, OMA DS/DM settings
· Store: Store settings as an editable configuration file on a compatible PC
· Clone: Copy OMA DM compliant settings from a pre-configured device into an editable configuration file
· Transfer: Copy files and contacts from PC to device
· Application installation: Applications can be installed to a device
· 45 MB free hard disk space
· Internet Explorer 5.0 or later (for Nokia Configuration Tool Help)
· 1024x768 screen resolution and 24-bit color graphics card
· For connectivity, a USB connection port or Bluetooth on your PC
· NET Framework 2.0
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· With new auto-detect feature, Nokia Configuration Tool 6.3 supports many other models like Nokia X6, Nokia N86 8MP, Nokia 5530 XpressMusic, Nokia 6124 classic, Nokia N82, Nokia N95 8GB, Nokia Nokia N95-3 NAM, Nokia 5700 XpressMusic, Nokia 6110 Navigator, Nokia N95, Nokia 6790 slide, Nokia 5730 XpressMusic, Nokia 6650 fold, Nokia N96, Nokia 5233 and more.