Softpedia Editor's Review for Sony Ericsson PC Suite
Will enhance the functionality of your Sony Ericsson P8xx mobile phone
Written by Bogdan Popa on January 31st, 2012
Sony Ericsson (just Sony as of January 2012) is one of the leading mobile phone manufacturers. Selling over 100 million units in 2007 and almost the same amount in 2008, Sony Ericsson just had to create an in-depth application to manage those particular handsets. Thus, Sony Ericsson PC Suite was born. It is the official tool of the company that provides administration of mobile phone data through the connection to a computer.
The only notable thing about the installation process is the necessary time needed for the drivers to complete their deployment. Once you run the application, you’re introduced to several connection types (USB Cable, Bluetooth or Infrared) that you can use depending on your possibilities. The recommended connection method is through USB, as it provides fastest transfers of data between phone and PC.
The interface of Sony Ericsson PC Suite is pretty simple actually and while it does its job, the color scheme may interfere with your emotions – gray is good, but an all-gray GUI is a bit sad. Connecting a phone will try to revive the situation a little by adding some color to the interface. The function categories are lined up in the left side of the window as it follows: Tools, Editors and Application.
The first category, Tools, provides access to Synchronization, Backup & Restore, Internet Connection and Phone repair. The Editors section allows you to manage your Files, Text / Picture Messages, Contacts or Calendar. Media Go and Adobe PhotoShop Album SE are integrated within the Applications area.
All in all, if you have a Sony Ericsson GSM mobile phone, you definitely have to use Sony Ericsson PC Suite. It features the necessary set of tools to easily manage your phone, while adding extra capabilities for accessing the Internet on your PC using your handset or SMS creation using your keyboard. Administration of multimedia content is also available as this particular suite wraps everything you need within.
Sony Ericsson PC Suite description
· desk-stand, Infrared or Bluetooth
· Microsoft Outlook/Lotus Notes/Lotus Organizer
· At least 100 MB free hard disk space
· Windows 98 with SP1: 64 MB RAM, 200 MHz
· Windows 98SE: 64 MB RAM, 200 MHz
· Windows 2000 Professional with SP2: 64 MB RAM, 266 MHz
· Windows ME: 64 MB RAM, 200 MHz
· Windows XP Professional: 128 MB RAM, 300 MHz
· Windows XP Home: 128 MB RAM, 300 MHz
· This version of the Sony Ericsson PC Suite is generic in the sense that it provides a connectivity solution for several different phones from Sony Ericsson. The consequense it that not all installed PC applications will work with every connectable phone. This is due to different phone capabilities.