Softpedia Editor's Review for Magicbit WMA MP3 Converter
An excellent WMA to MP3 converter with a friendly interface
Written by Elena Opris on November 1st, 2012
Magicbit WMA MP3 Converter is an application that you can use to extract the audio stream from videos (e.g. AVI, FLV, MPG) and save it to the MP2, MP3 or WMA format. But it also supports WAV, OGG, AAC and M4A, among other audio extensions.
The program comes with a user-friendly interface where you can import items by using either the file browser or the "drag and drop" method. Processing multiple sound files at the same time is possible.
Specific information can be read about each entry in the file list and this includes the name, type, size and status. If you are satisfied with the default settings, then you can immediately proceed with the encoding task by specifying the output directory and file type.
Otherwise, skilled users can fiddle with the audio properties when it comes to the encoder, quality, sample rate, minimum and maximum bit rate, variable bit rate quality and method, along with channel mode and flags.
In addition, you can remove an item from the list or clear the entire queue, set Magicbit WMA MP3 Converter to delete the original files after processing, as well as view file properties and change the interface language.
The audio conversion software requires a low-to-moderate amount of system resources, in order to finish a task in reasonable time. It has a good response time and includes a help file.
Magicbit WMA MP3 Converter did not freeze, crash or pop up error dialogs during our tests. On the downside, the output audio tracks have a poor quality and you cannot set Magicbit WMA MP3 Converter to automatically turn off the computer or to open the output directory after encoding. No recent updates have been made.
Magicbit WMA MP3 Converter description
Here are some key features of "Magicbit WMA MP3 Converter":
· All encoders/codec are built-in - The software integrates with all encoders/codec so buyers can convert all supported formats.
· Convert from WMA, MP3, AIFF, OGG and Wave Supported source formats: WMA, MP3, AIFF, OGG, Wave, AU, SND, MIDI, MP4, AAC, FLAC, QCP, Monkey's APE, AC3, RealAudio and CDA.
· Extract the audio from video files in the formats: AVI, MPG, WMV and RealMedia.
· Supports batch conversion.
· Excellent audio quality.
· It will check your CPU type automatically, provide high performence and fastest conversion speed than other software.
· Runs great on your Intel or AMD PC.
· Intel Pentium (equivalent) or higher recommended
· 128 MB (512 MB RAM or above recommended)
· 50 MB of available hard disk space for program installation
· Can convert only 2 files in a session