Softpedia Editor's Review for iPod Music Converter
A handy software to convert audio files from one format to another
Written by Elena Opris on January 10th, 2013
iPod Music Converter is a tool with a pretty self-explanatory name - it lets you prepare audio tracks for iPod devices - MP3, WAV, WMA, MP2 and OGG, among others.
The interface of the program is based on a standard window where you can import items by using either the file browser or 'drag and drop' method. It is possible to work with multiple entries at the same time.
So, if you do not want to alter the default settings, then you can immediately start the conversion procedure after establishing the output directory and extension.
Otherwise, you can modify audio properties when it comes to the channel mode, sample rate, encoder quality, bit rate, highpass or lowpass filter, de-emphasis and bits per sample, just to name a few.
Furthermore, you can set a post-task action (e.g. restart or hibernate computer), open the target folder, preview a selected track in an external media player, change the interface language and disable the toolbars.
The audio conversion piece of software needs a moderate amount of CPU and system memory, has a good response time, quickly finishes a task and manages to deliver a good sound quality to the output audio tracks. We have not encountered any issues during our tests. iPod Music Converter's features can be easily figured out by less experienced users, thanks to the intuitive layout.
iPod Music Converter description
Here are some key features of "iPod Music Converter":
· Convert audio files with amazing speed;
· Convert audio files from one format to another and saving them to your hard drive;
· Before you start converting, you could select the desired sound quality in the Audio Converter Settings window.
· Converting audio files iPod Music Converter user will find the opportunity to specify frequency, number of channels, bit rate and other parameters of output files .
· You can create a list of files you want to convert using shortcuts;
· Easily convert high quality music from your audios ? now up to 30% faster. (Supported formats are: WAV, WAV(PCM), OGG Vorbis, MP3, MP2, Microsoft ADPCM, WMA, VOX, GSM, G723, G726, U-LAW, A-LAW, etc. )
· Intel or AMD or compatible processors at 1000 MHz minimum
· RAM 128 megabytes (MB)
· Minimum 50 MB of free hard disk space
· Administrative permissions are required for installation
· Sound card
· CD-RW drive
· 20 day trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· It is bug fixing release