Softpedia Editor's Review for Free Audio Editor 2012
Powerful audio recorder, editor, burner software for CD, MP3, WAV, WMA
Written by Elena Opris on December 11th, 2012
Free Audio Editor is a tool you can use to record, edit, convert, and burn audio files.
When you initiate the program, you are welcomed by a dialog in which you can create a new file or recording, load audio from a CD, or use the text-to-speech function. Plus, if you are a first-time user, you can view online tutorials on recording, importing audio tracks from CDs, basic audio editing, and connecting your stereo equipment.
The user interface may appear overwhelming, because there are many options displayed under the main menu.
When you create a new file, you must first specify the sample frequency rate and channels. In order to record sound, your computer must be equipped with the appropriate devices (e.g. microphone), and you can enable the option to record without silence.
Additionally, you can convert audio files or extract them from video, to WAV, MP3, WMA, OGG, ACC, M4A, FLAC, while setting a preset (e.g. for mobile, for media player, normal quality, best quality). An encoding task takes little time to finish.
The application enables you to use text-to-speech, a frequency analyzer, CD ripper, and apply effects to audio files (e.g. amplify, delay, echo, equalizer, chorus, flanger, noise reduction, reverb, channel mixer, silence, invert, reverse).
The bottom line is that Free Audio Editor is a great tool to fulfill your audio editing needs and uses a low amount of memory resources. We have not come across any major errors during our tests and we suggest you try it.
Free Audio Editor 2012 description
Here are some key features of "Free Audio Editor 2012":
· Powerful audio recording feature
· Edit audio files visually
· Apply various effects easily
· Powerful noise reduction tool
· Easy to use interface will get you started editing in just minutes
· Real-time effect preview is supported
· Easy to use bookmark and region manager
· Supports a number of file formats including WAV (multiple codecs), MP3, WMA, OGG and many more.
· Burn your sound files to CD
· Tools include speech synthesis (text-to-speech)
· Pentium 300 or above
· At least 16MB RAM (32MB for 2000/XP, 512MB for Vista)
· A sound card
· 100MB of Available Hard Disk Space
· Batch converter and File Merger tools require a Deluxe license to be used.
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to install Free Online Radio Player Recorder Toolbar that the program does not require to fully function