n-Track Studio is a complete recording studio in your PC: all you need is a card and some free space on your hard disk to store audio data.
n-Track Studio supports simultaneous recording from multiple 16 and 24 bit soundcards, and real-time audio effects can be applied non-destructively to each track, allowing the user to listen immediately to the result of a change in the parameters of an effect: up to 25 combinations of effects per track are allowed. n-Track Studio is a multitrack recording and editing program.
Built-in effects include Reverb, AutoVol, Echo, Pitch Shift, Chorus and Track EQ. The program can use third party DirectX and VST plug-ins to process in real-time audio signals in a number of different ways.
Effect can also be used to process the recorded signal in real-time so that the computer can act as a multi-effects device.
n-Track Studio uses 24 bit (32 bit floats) resolution for mixing and effects processing. Various wave files formats are supported, mono & stereo tracks are can coexist in the same song and wave editing operations can be performed from within the program.
MIDI tracks can be imported end exported to regular MIDI files, and edited using the built in piano-roll based MIDI editing.
All the audio tracks are saved as standard wave files and mixed "on the fly" during playback. Volume and pan evolution can be programmed by drawing on the timeline window.
When all the tracks have been recorded and all the settings are correct, it's possible to mix-down all the tracks to a single wave file for recording it to a compact disk using a CD recorder or for distributing it through the Internet (using the built-in mp3 encoder).
Here are some key features of "n-Track Studio":
· Speed and transpose controls for whole song, tracks and individual tracks .wav files
· Support for skinning user interface. Skins dialog box lets easily change program appearance, including colors and graphic files used to draw the interface
· Scrubbing to audition parts of the song by dragging with the mouse in the scrub area below upper time axis
· Change speed with or without changing pitch
· Reverse playback of song and .wav files
· Waveforms can now be zoomed beyond 1 sample/1 pixel level
· Sample by sample manual editing at high zoom levels
· Allow directly specifing of musical key (instead of transpose /-) of Acidized loop .wav files
· Mono-stereo-left-right-expand to stereo channel mixer button
· Dockable channel properties window instead of modal popup dialog box
· Button on waveform to audition single .wav file
· Button on waveform to drag .wav file without having to switch into the 'drag wave files' mouse mode (Ctrl key)
· Tab control to switch between timeline and Piano-roll windows
· Pentium IV 1 Ghz or better
· 512 Mb RAM
· 10 days trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed docking/undocking windows sometimes may cause crash in 32 bit version [Bug Fix]
· Fixed rare crash in n-Track Strings module [Bug Fix]
· Fixed mixdown would never stop when the mixdown box was opened with the loop button was active [Bug Fix]