Softpedia Editor's Review for Sound Effect Maker
Easily add effects to your audio files
Written by Elena Opris on April 17th, 2013
Sound Effect Maker is a lightweight and simple-to-use application that lets you make some adjustments to your audio tracks. It supports the WAV, MIDI, SGT, RMI and MID formats.
The interface of the program is represented by a standard window with a well-organized layout, where you can open an audio track by using only the file browser, since the "drag and drop" method is not supported.
So, you can apply effects when it comes to the chorus, compressor, distortion, echo, flanger, gargle, equalizer and reverb.
Each effect comes with its own set of configuration settings, such as bandwidth, gain, depth, frequency, delay, edge, feedback, rate and reverb time.
In addition, you can select the waveform mode between "Triangle", "Square" and "Sine", set the phase angle and enable loop mode. It is also possible to preview tracks in a built-in audio player. When saving the new file, you can establish its output directory and filename, together with the input device and volume level.
The audio processing program requires a pretty low quantity of CPU and system memory, so it should not interfere with the runtime or other active processes. It has a good response time and saves a file quickly, while maintaining a good sound quality. We have not encountered any problems during our tests, since Sound Effect Maker did not hang, crash or pop up error dialogs.
There's also a help file available. Aside from some much needed improvements in the visual department of the interface, Sound Effect Maker should please all users who want to quickly apply and adjust effects to sound tracks.
Sound Effect Maker description
Here are some key features of "Sound Effect Maker":
· Chorus: wet/dry mix, depth, feedback, frequency, delay, waveform, phase.
· Compressor: gain, attack, release, threshold, ratio, predelay.
· Distortion: gain, edge, postEQ center freq, bandwidth, PreLowpass cutoff.
· Echo: wet/dry mix, feedback, left delay, right delay, pan delay
· Flange: wet/dry mix, depth, feedback, frequency, delay, waveform, phase.
· Gargle: rate.
· Parametric Equalizer: center freq, bandwidth, gain.
· Reverberation: in gain, reverb mix, reverb time, highfreq RT ratio
· DirectX 9.0 or later
· Can create up to 1 min of output WAV file
· Nag screen
| ||Softpedia guarantees that Sound Effect Maker 22.214.171.124 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |