Softpedia Editor's Review for Sound Forge Pro
Award-winning digital audio editor that includes a powerful set of audio processes, tools, and effects
Written by Elena Opris on October 29th, 2012
Sound Forge Pro is a professional tool that you can use to edit your audio files. It's not easy to work with, so first-time users with no experience in the audio editing department may find it challenging to manage it.
The interface is clearly defined, and the elements of Sound Forge Pro are well organized.
After you import an audio file, you can start making the desired changes. So, you can play with various effects (acoustic mirror, amplitude modulation, chorus, delay, echo, distortion, pitch, reverb etc) and processes (auto trim, fade, invert, normalize, reverse, smooth etc).
Moreover, you can organize your favorite sound effects, play with tools (e.g. noise reduction, click and crackle removal, clipped peak restoration), or convert audio files (via the Batch Converter under the Tools menu).
Sound Forge Pro also offers you access to directly extract audio from CDs, get media from the web, and burn an audio CD. During an active run of this application, system memory is heavily used, so it's better you close any other processes when working with Sound Forge Pro.
We weren't able to find any bugs or errors in this software. If rookies want to start an adventure with Sound Forge Pro, they will be happy to know there's a well-developed help file they can check out, one that accurately describes every single detail of the program.
In conclusion, Sound Forge Pro is a real paradise for audio editing enthusiasts, but even beginners can have fun with it. Audio files can be manipulated in a professional way, with a wide array of specialized tools and effects.
Sound Forge Pro description
Here are some key features of "Sound Forge Pro":
Pristine sound quality:
· Sound Forge Pro software supports full resolution 24-bit and 32-bit/64-bit float 192 kHz files for the ultimate in audio fidelity. Capture the subtle overtones and nuances of instruments, vocals, and effect changes. Additionally, Sound Forge Pro 10 software includes industry-leading iZotope MBIT+ Dither (bit-depth conversion) and 64-Bit SRC (sample rate conversion) for the highest in audio quality.
Precise audio editing:
· Edit mono, stereo, and multichannel audio files (up to 32 channels) down to the sample level. Use familiar Windows commands to cut, copy, paste, mix, and crossfade audio. Perform precise event editing and create fades, crossfades, and mix audio with ease. Drag and drop audio between channels and work on one file while processing others in the background.
Powerful audio recording:
· Sound Forge Pro software has a complete set of tools for recording audio. Record straight into your sound card or use the Record Timer to begin and end a session at a specific time and date. Alternatively, you can start recording when a certain audio threshold is reached with Threshold Record Triggering. You can also record and edit multichannel audio files as easily as stereo files.
Includes tools for sound design and mastering:
· In addition to Sound Forge Pro software, this comprehensive audio production suite includes the Noise Reduction 2 plug-ins to fix common audio problems such as tape hiss, camera hum, clicks, and pops, powerful Spectrum Analysis tools for analyzing audio, and the Mastering Effects Bundle 2 powered by iZotope, a collection of six professional audio plug-ins. Sound Forge Pro software also includes integrated disc-at-once (DAO) CD mastering for producing Red Book audio CDs.
· Effects processingApply over 40 professional studio effects and processes including Normalize, EQ, Delay, Chorus, Volume, Dynamics, Noise Gate, Pitch Shift, Flange, and Vibrato. Sound Forge Pro software includes high-quality Zplane élastique Pro timestretch and pitch shift plug-in for pristine audio mastering, and the Mastering Effects Bundle 2, powered by iZotope. This powerful bundle includes six professional audio plug-ins: Mastering EQ, Mastering Reverb, Multiband Compressor, Mastering Limiter, Stereo Imager, and Harmonic Exciter.
24-bit, 32-bit/64-bit float/192 kHz support:
· Sound Forge Pro software supports full resolution 24-bit/32-bit 192 kHz files for the ultimate in audio fidelity. Capture the subtle overtones and nuances of instruments, vocals, and effect changes that 24-bit audio provides. With Sound Forge audio software you can import, save, and even record to this resolution if using supported hardware.
· Sound Forge Pro software supports multiple video formats including AVI, WMV, and MPEG-1 and MPEG-2. Precisely synchronize audio and video frame by frame. Sound Forge Pro software includes MPEG-2 templates for writing HDV-compliant files at both 720p and 1080i resolutions, and AVI templates using the CineForm CFHD codec for 720p and 1080i intermediate renders. Also included are templates for encoding WMV 720p and 1080p.
Dolby Digital AC-3 export:
· Use Sound Forge Pro software to export multichannel files in surround AC-3 format using the included Dolby Digital AC-3 plug-in.
· 1 GHz processor
· 350 MB hard-disk space for program installation
· 512 MB RAM
· Windows-compatible sound card
· DVD-ROM drive (for installation from a DVD only)
· Supported CD-Recordable drive (for CD burning only)
· Microsoft DirectX 9.0c or later
· Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (included on application disc)
· 30-day trial
· Export to certain third-party formats is disabled
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added support for Windows 8
| ||Softpedia guarantees that Sound Forge Pro 10.0e Build 507 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |