Softpedia Editor's Review for Sound Editor Deluxe
Sound editing program to edit wav, mp3 or other audio files
Written by Elena Opris on January 30th, 2013
Sound Editor Deluxe is a program which comes packed with some powerful tools for recording, editing and burning audio tracks. It supports plenty of file types, including MP3, WAV, OGG and CDA.
The interface of the application is user-friendly; you can start a new file, record audio from external devices, load tracks from CDs, or use a text-to-speech tool. Songs can be imported by using either the file browser or 'drag and drop' function.
In addition, you can extract the audio stream from video files and work with it, download items from YouTube, edit ID3 tags, as well as change the sample rate and channel mode.
The tool integrates a wide range of effects for the audio files - these revolve around amplitude and compression, delay and echo, filters and equalization, modulation, restoration, stereo imagery, time and pitch, generation, invert, reverse, volume mute, and 'special' (phaser, reverb).
Additional features of Sound Editor Deluxe let you convert multiple audio formats at the same time, merge files, trim tracks, insert silence and files, mix files, reduce cassette and voice breath noise, set bookmarks, and add regions, just to name a few.
From the 'Options' tab, you can toggle between spectral and waveform mode, reconfigure keyboard shortcuts, access 'Windows Mixer', delete the recent files list, alter the default audio working location, as well as make the tool automatically play files when they are opened.
The audio processing utility includes guides for users, is pretty responsive to commands, supports the undo and redo function, and needs a moderate amount of CPU and system memory. We have not encountered any issues during our tests, such as program freezes or crashes. Inexperienced users may take a while to get accustomed to Sound Editor Deluxe's advanced features.
Sound Editor Deluxe description
Here are some key features of "Sound Editor Deluxe":
· Open, create and save audio files. Play an audio file or any part of it. Visually edit an audio file (Cut, Copy, Delete, Paste, Paste From File, Mix, Mix From File and Insert or Delete noise or silence in an audio file)
· Display a waveform window of an audio file and apply zooming
· Record new audio file from a microphone or another input device
· Apply different effects (Amplify, Delay, Equalizer, Fade, Flanger, Invert, Normalize, Reverse, Multi Tap Delay, Silence, Stretch, Vibrato, Echo, Chorus)
· Apply different filters to the selected part of an audio file (Ban Pass Filter, High Pass Filter, High Shelf Filter, Low Pass Filter, Low Shelf Filter, Notch Filter)
Support all major audio formats:
· Sound Editor Deluxe supports a wide range of audio formats, such as MPEG (MP3, MP2), WAV, Windows Media Audio, Ogg Vorbis, Audio Tracks and Dialogic VOX. It is easy to convert an audio file from one format to another.
ID3 tag & Media information:
· Insert and change information about an audio file (Album, Artist, Channels, Comments, Copyright, Genre, Title, Year)
Ease of use:
· Sound Editor Deluxe provides a customizable interface, allowing you to build projects the way you want. It also supports standard Windows keyboard commands and mouse shortcuts
· Use markers in your audio file to quickly select between different selections!
· Select a part of your audio file precisely with the selection tools of Sound Editor Deluxe
· Intel Pentium 4 1.0 GHz or Pentium M 1.0 GHz processor (Pentium dual core processor 2.8 or above or above recommended)
· 256 MB RAM (512 MB recommended)
· PCI sound card or on-board audio
· 100 MB of hard disk space
· CD-RW for audio cd burning
· 30 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
New Formats Supported :
· Waveform audio (PCM wave)
· MPEG Audio (various layers) to include MP2 and MP3
· Windows Media Audio
· Audio CD Tracks
· OGG Vorbis Audio
· VOX Dialogic ADPCM
· RAW Audio
| ||Softpedia guarantees that Sound Editor Deluxe 7.2.8 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |