| User Rating:
Softpedia Editor's Review for UltraMixer Professional Edition
Mix your digital music with ease
Written by Sorin Cirneala on March 7th, 2012
UltraMixer is a professional software that allows you to replace the DJ turntable with a computer interface with the same utility but more advanced functions. You can easily mix two audio tracks using a digital interface that can be carried around from your home to your friend's party.
The interface of the program consists of a two side turntable system that replaces the vinyls with two digital sound players. To begin you need to load two audio files in the players and customize the play settings before starting to mix the songs. The application can load separate playlist files for each player or all the audio files from a local folder.
You can change the pitch and the tempo of the playback in order to suit your mood. The transition between songs can be set manually or you can use the customizable fading function that is available in the application. The user can search through a song for a certain part using the graphical waveform. The program also includes a beat matching function that allows you to synchronize the players.
The program allows you to create special effects such as resonance or flange by using the graphical interface. You can also use turntable techniques such as beat matching or scratching. For custom sound effects the program has an integrated sample player that stores up to sixteen different samples that can be played with one click.
Each player has a separate equalizer that can be set up for the current song. Professional users have access to a 31-band master equalizer that changes the output for both players. You can also save the current settings as a preset that can be loaded later.
The mixer can be operated with the mouse but most users find it more comfortable to change the settings by keyboard. The program can display the keyboard hints permanently on the screen in order to get accustomed to the interface. If you want to change some of the key bindings you can do it from the Options menu that also allows you to save multiple profiles for different users.
The program also offers support for hardware controllers so if you own a digital turntable emulator you can connect it to the computer and still use the features of the program.
UltraMixer is a very good tool that can be used by a professional DJ but also by a casual computer user to mix songs and create a good party mood.
UltraMixer Professional Edition description
Here are some key features of "UltraMixer Professional Edition":
- Online CD-title query (CDDB)
- Monitoring over headphones
- Multi-soundcard support
- 3 Band EQ
- Volume Crossfader
- Adjustable fading modes
- Automatic mixing
- BPM Counter
- Reverse Play
- Pitch (-/+ 50%)
- Keyboard and MIDI control
- Support of the Hercules DJ Console
- Database-driven file archive
- Unlimited number of cue points
- Support of skinning for the user interface
- Processor: Intel Pentium III (1GHz+) / AMD 1GHz+ / PowerPC 1,2GHz
- 256 MB RAM (512 MB or higher recommended)
- Sound card (multi channel sound card recommended)
- Java 1.5
- 60 minutes trial
- nag screen
- [AudioEngine] Optimized support of multi core cpus.
- [AudioEngine] Support of ALAC files (Apple Lossless Audio Codec).
- [MIDI] Create, import and export custom midi maps.
- [MIDI] Support of Pioneer SSX-DJ.
- [MIDI] Support of Reloop terminal mix 4.
- [SoundPlayer] It's possible to scratch into and out of a loop.
- [SoundPlayer] It's possible to set the current position before and after an active loop.
- [User Interface] Keystrokes for "spread to waitlist".
- [AudioEngine] Optimized scratching quality & latency.