Softpedia Editor's Review for e-mix Home Edition
One of the best DJ Tools for mp3 lover, new DJs, bars and discotheques!
Written by Gabriela Vatu on February 16th, 2013
If mixing music is one of your passions, then you’ve already figured out how important a proper tool is for this job. e-mix Home Edition is a program that was designed to help you put together all types of tracks with minimum work.
The app has a clean interface that hosts a large number of buttons, sliders and knobs.
The program has two media players. In order to start creating the music mix, you can load a track to each player. Alternatively, the second player can play various jingles that you can insert into the mix.
The app comes with some preset jingles that can be triggered with a simple button push, such as “Glass Crash”, “Scratch”, “Car Brake” and “Car Horn”, just to name a few.
Furthermore, you can tamper with the volume and tempo of the track.
Various effects can also be added, such as scratches, similar to those produced by the DJs that work a turn-table. The app provides an equalizer that can help you control various sound details, such as the high, mid and low-tone input sounds, as well as the microphone. A master equalizer with ten frequency areas is also available.
e-mix Home Edition includes a tool that can help you rip music from various audio CDs. The program requires that you input the artist’s name, the music genre, the name and year or release of the album.
The app supports a wide range of files, such as MP4, MP3, OGG, WMA, WAV, FLAC, MPC and SPX.
The bottom line is that e-mix Home Edition is a nice program that provides several advanced tools for creating audio-mixes. Inexperienced users might need a while to figure out all the nooks and crannies of this software, but with a little bit of practice, things should go smoothly. Also, the user manual should come in handy.
e-mix Home Edition description
Here are some key features of "e-mix Home Edition":
2 DJ media players:
· 4 cue points
· Loop function
· Display of playing time (options: Elapsed or Remain)
· End-of-song Reminder
· Pitch and tempo variation (+/- 15%)
· BPM instruction manual or automatic
· Various player effects such as e.g. Reverse, stop break, start break
· Frame search with jogwheel, for the exact positioning of cue points
· Pitchbend with jogwheel for beat synchrone mixing
· Fast search with jog/shuttle
· The monitor player at your disposal allows you to preview all the tracks in the database or on the play list quickly.
· Channel volume
· Master volume
· Gain per channel
· 2-Band equalizer per channel, freely adjustable for favourite frequencies.
· Crossfader that can be switched off
· Fader start function for each layer channel
· Various effects, that can be used for each channel separately
· Preview function (PFL) for each channel
· With Master PFL, you can also mix the outgoing whilst previewing
· Looping function for each individual jingle
· Volume for each jingle
· Master volume for the entire jingle player
· Saving and loading of Jingle Listen
· Separate level indicators for previewing and for the master outbox. In this way you can individually adjust the sound level for each track.
· BPM calculation in database
· Cuepoints stored in database
· Editable tracks
· Normalization of tracks volume
· Advanced search·
· CPU: P4, 1400MHz,
· 256MB RAM
· Screen resolution: 1024x768 (XGA)
· Hard disc: 8 MB for e-mix, with enough space for the tracks
· 30 days trial
· Nag screen
· The "home edition" runs without e-mix "mp1200 control panel".
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· [New] Karaoke (CDG) support (DirectShow codec required)
· [New] mp1200 direct input support for Windows Vista/7
· [Fixed] mp3 codec installation issue under Windows Vista/7 64-bit