Vorbital Player 4.0
Add it to your Download Basket!
Add it to your Watch List!
What's new in Vorbital Player 4.0:
- Support for playing .mp3 files.
- Support for displaying album art.
- The program now remembers the volume setting, shuffle setting, and last window size when you exit, restoring them next time the program runs.
- Clicking the vorbitaplayer.com website link in the about box now tells you if there's a newer version of the software when you visit the site.
malware send us
- LICENSE TYPE:
- FILE SIZE:
- 2.7 MB
- OUR RATING:
- DEVELOPED BY:
- Zeta Centauri
- USER RATING:
- C: \ Multimedia \ Audio \ Audio Players
The installation procedure does not take a long time to finish. However, users should be careful when going through the setup steps, as Vorbital Player offers to download and install third-party components that it does not actually need to work properly (unless they already exist). They can be excluded from setup, though.
Simplistic GUI and options
The main application window has a plain structure. Audio tracks can be added to the tracklist using either the file browser, tree view or drag-and-drop method.
As far as audio player controls are concerned, it is possible to pause and stop playback, play the next or previous track, enable shuffle mode, as well as to adjust the volume level. Plus, you can view the sample rate, bit rate and channel mode for each audio file. There are no other noteworthy options available here. Unfortunately, it is not possible to remove an entry from the playlist.
Evaluation and conclusion
The tool worked smoothly during our evaluation, without triggering Windows to hang, crash or pop up error messages. It has a good response time and runs on low CPU and RAM, so it does not hog system resources. However, Vorbital Player integrates only basic audio player commands.
Vorbital Player was reviewed by Elena Opris, last updated on June 17th, 2014
Runs on: Windows All