Vorbital Player is an Ogg Vorbis multimedia player. It uses OpenAL and is small and compact in order to take up as little screen space as possible (though you can, of course, resize the window if you would like a larger playlist). The GUI was developed using wxWidgets.
The functions of most of the buttons are obvious, but just in case you can't tell at first glance the folder-shaped button on the left allows you to add a file to the playlist and the minus symbol allows you to remove a file from the playlist. Double-clicking on a file in the playlist will cause it to start playing.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support for playing .mp3 files.
· Support for displaying album art.
· The program now remembers the volume setting, shuffle setting, and last window size when you exit, restoring them next time the program runs.
· Clicking the vorbitaplayer.com website link in the about box now tells you if there's a newer version of the software when you visit the site.
· Fixed a bug that could cause the program to crash on exit.
· Fixed a bug that could cause an item in the playlist to play twice in a row when double-clicked.
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function