Stereo Tool is specially developed as an accessible Winamp plugin that can be used to manipulate the audio output.
Stereo Tool is built as professional low latency audio processor that can be used by radio stations and musicians. It can also be used by users that want listen to music on their computer.
The application was designed to make music sound more clear and powerful.
Here are some key features of "Stereo Tool":
FM hiss removal filter:
· This is useful when the input signal comes from an FM transmitter, for example when re-broadcasting the sound from an FM station.
· This filter increases the existing stereo sound, unless it was already very loud, which makes the sound much fuller. It can be configured to not alter the total sound content.
Distortion masking Loudness filter:
· This filter can make sounds up to 12 dB louder, without causing higher amplitude peaks in the signal, with little effect on the sound. Especially useful for radio stations that want to sound loud.
· A unique filter only found in one other processor. It finds and restores clipping (distortion caused by too loud input levels) which is present in most music from the last two decades.
Automatic Gain Control:
· This AGC keeps all the sounds below a defined level. Different from many traditional processors, the AGC in Stereo Tool is not peak level based but acts on how loud something sounds to human hearing.
10-band multiband compressor / limiter / clipper:
· If one song contains a lot of bass, and the next contains a lot of treble, this filter can make them sound equal. Older or bad quality recordings can be made to sound closer to the sound of modern CD's, which generally sounds much better on a wide range of playback equipment.
· The Stereo Tool Final Limiter can transparantly remove short spikes in the signal - so with nearly no effect on the sound.
Stereo to mono conversion:
· Converts stereo to mono without removing sounds that normally cancel out each other. So the mono sound still sounds just as full and powerful as the original stereo sound.
· A message is played once after every 12 hours when any of the following features is enabled: Loudness filter, FM pre-emphasis, FM stereo or FM RDS encoding.
· If both FM processing and Loudness are used, the message is played every 4 hours. The declipper plays a beep every minute.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Loudness: Added delayed bass clipping for better punch.
· Loudness: Fixed Bass Shape artifacts, and now also works on higher frequencies.
· Loudness: Added option to dynamically switch off distorted mids/highs for tones.
· RDS: Better special character display in GUI.
· Updated presets.