Softpedia Editor's Review for PicPick
An all-included imaging software that features a powerful capture tool, image editor, color picker, color palette
Written by Bogdan Popa on November 26th, 2012
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for PicPick
If taking screenshots and editing them is a task that you need to carry out often, then you are surely familiar with the 'Print Screen' button and, why not, Windows's famous image creation and editing tool 'Paint'.
Of course, for those who take this job very seriously, these tools are mere toys and only some dedicated applications are to be used for professional results. Among the best tools of its kind, PicPick emerges as a full-featured screen capturing solution that not only enables you to take pictures of the screen or a certain area, but also to edit the screenshots on the spot.
PicPick has everything you'd ever need when trying to capture something from your desktop. It helps you capture the whole screen, the active window, a certain region you select or a fixed area and you can even or repeat the last capture.
If you need to get into the image editing section, PicPick offers you some built-in functions you can use to crop, resize or rotate the picture, add some visual effects or simply draw or write something on top of the fresh capture.
Customizing the program settings can be done in great detail thanks to the 'Options' menu that enables you to configure the file naming scheme, auto save, hot keys or the editor. You can even associate certain graphic file types with PicPick.
All things considered, it's safe to say that this particular application is one of the best tools in its category. PicPick is very easy to use, highly customizable and packs enough features to satisfy even the most demanding users.
NOTE: PicPick is provided as freeware only for personal (non-business) and non-profit educational use. You can obtain the commercial license here.
Here are some key features of "PicPick":
· Auto-scroll, dual monitors and sound effect are supported
· Various output to File, Printer, Office programs, External program
· Sharing to FTP, Web, E-mail, Facebook and Twitter are supported as well
· Full Screen
· Active Window
· Window Control
· Scrolling Window
· Region, Fixed Region
· Repeat Last Capture
· Intuitive User Interface
· Windows 7 Ribbon style
· Standard drawing, shapes, arrows, lines, text, and etc.
· Blur, sharpen, hue, contrast, brightness, pixelate, rotate, flip, frame effect and etc.
Color Picker and Color Palette:
· various color code type (RGB, HTML, C++, Delphi)
· Photoshop style RGB/HSV conversion is supported.
· Pick and Save your favorite color!
Screen Pixel Ruler:
· horizontal and vertical orientation
· various units (Pixels, Inches, Centimeters)
· DPI setting (72, 96, 120, 300)
· colorful gradient skins
· You don't have to install any other screen ruler softwares.
· Zoom 2x to 10x option
· Stay on top, smooth display, and sizeable window
· Have you seen any screen protractor functions?
· For aligning objects in graphics or design applications
· For calculating relative coordinates on screen
· For giving a presentation or just drawing something on screen
· 1.0 GHz processor
· 512 MB of RAM
· 15 MB space for installation
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added Output “Send to Skype”
· Fixed an issue of Ruler location on dual environment.
· Fixed an issue of Capture Bar location
· Language updates
· Minor bugs are fixed
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function