Softpedia Editor's Review for Portable PicPick
A graphic capture tool to help you with your work
Written by Bogdan Popa on December 4th, 2012
Portable PicPick is a screen capturing tool that can be copied onto any USB flash drive and loaded without prior installation, which means it won't place any temporary files on the computer that is running it.
The application retains the same advanced tools of the original PicPick, so you're still able to take screenshots and edit them on the go, while benefiting from all the other great utilities included in the standard package.
The interface remains pretty straightforward, but most of the users will take advantage of all its features through keyboard shortcuts, so the only window they'll see is the one belonging to the 'Image Editor'.
The application is thus capable of taking screenshots of the active window, of a fixed region or a user-defined one, of a scrolling windows or of the entire screen, but in addition it also provides a pixel ruler, a color picker, a color palette, a magnifier and a crosshair.
There are tons of options in there, including settings regarding the capturing process, the auto-saving, the editor or the hotkeys you're going to use to take screenshots automatically.
Plus, you can configure the next action you wish to do after taking a snapshot, so you can either open it with PicPick Editor, copy it to clipboard, save it in the user defined folder, print it, upload to web (Facebook, Twitter or FTP server) or open it with an external program.
Portable PicPick worked impressively well during our test and there's absolutely nothing to complain about, as it remains one of the best snipping tools out there.
Simply put, Portable PicPick is definitely a must have, especially if you need a screen capturing utility that would not hamper computer performance.
NOTE: PicPick is provided as freeware only for personal (non-business) and non-profit educational use. You can obtain the commercial license here.
Portable PicPick description
Here are some key features of "Portable PicPick":
· Auto-scroll, dual monitors and sound effect are supported
· Various output to File, Printer, Office programs, External program
· Sharing to FTP, Web, E-mail, Facebook and Twitter are supported as well
· Full Screen
· Active Window
· Window Control
· Scrolling Window
· Region, Fixed Region
· Repeat Last Capture
· Intuitive User Interface
· Windows 7 Ribbon style
· Standard drawing, shapes, arrows, lines, text, and etc.
· Blur, sharpen, hue, contrast, brightness, pixelate, rotate, flip, frame effect and etc.
Color Picker and Color Palette:
· various color code type (RGB, HTML, C++, Delphi)
· Photoshop style RGB/HSV conversion is supported.
· Pick and Save your favorite color!
Screen Pixel Ruler:
· horizontal and vertical orientation
· various units (Pixels, Inches, Centimeters)
· DPI setting (72, 96, 120, 300)
· colorful gradient skins
· You don't have to install any other screen ruler softwares.
· Zoom 2x to 10x option
· Stay on top, smooth display, and sizeable window
· Have you seen any screen protractor functions?
· For aligning objects in graphics or design applications
· For calculating relative coordinates on screen
· For giving a presentation or just drawing something on screen
· 1.0 GHz processor
· 512 MB of RAM
· 15 MB space for installation
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed an issue of Save All
· Fixed an issue of Windows 8 compatibility
· Fixed an issue of Send to Skype
· Language updates
· Minor bugs are fixed
| ||Softpedia guarantees that Portable PicPick 3.2.5 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |