Softpedia Editor's Review for Adobe Photoshop Elements
Powerful yet easy-to-use photo editing software for print, e-mail, and the Web
Written by Giorgiana Bursuc on January 21st, 2013
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for Adobe Photoshop Elements
Everybody likes to take photos when on vacation, since this is one of the ways one gets to preserve memories for longer periods and relive the great times they had. This experience can be enhanced by adding image effects, bringing them a touch of style or simply turning them into artistic creations. Adobe Photoshop Elements can help in achieving all of these purposes.
Due to the complexity of this application, it takes several minutes to download and install it, even longer on older computers. Once the setup is run, users get the chance to specify whether they want to organize or to edit their images.
The former option comes in handy for sorting one's pics, finding them on the computer and creating catalogs. Each image can get a rating and they can also be sent as email attachments, shared on Facebook, flickr or YouTube, and even burned onto discs for backup or distribution.
The editing functionality supports a variety of actions, ranging from the basic ones like crop, rotate, straighten or sharpen, to the more elaborate ones: touch-up blemishes and scratches, fix keystone distortion or correct skin tones.
Adobe Photoshop Elements allows users to extract objects of multiple photos and to combine them so as to obtain the ideal photo – in other words, one can get the best elements of several pics and generate a high-quality group photograph. Furthermore, the orientation can be easily changed: a portrait image can get to landscape and viceversa, with no distortion on the key objects.
Photographers can also modify the depth of field or apply dedicated effects, including line drawing, lomography effect, old fashioned photo, Orton effect or saturated slide film one.
One can enhance the look of their pictures by also designing virtual albums, overlaying stylistic text or adding frames and masks, all the necessary tools to bring out the best in the images.
To sum up, the trial period needs to be thoroughly taken advantage of, since there are numerous features that need to be tested and layouts that can be produced before deciding to purchase a license.
Adobe Photoshop Elements description
Here are some key features of "Adobe Photoshop Elements":
· Bring all your photos and video clips together
· Find what you need fast
· Easily view, organize, and protect your photos
· Instantly fix common flaws
· Use automated options for great results
· Create perfect shots with ease
· Artistically enhance photos
· Create the way you want with flexible layout options
· Easily create and share online
· Share in many ways from one convenient place
· 1.6GHz or faster processor (including single-core support)
· 1GB of RAM (2GB for HD video functions)
· 4GB of available hard-disk space (additional free space required during installation)
· Color monitor with 16-bit color video card
· 1024x768 monitor resolution
· Microsoft DirectX 9 or 10 compatible display driver
· DVD-ROM drive
· Internet connection required for Internet-based services
· 30 days trial period
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Quickly turn photos into stunning illustrations:
· Get the wow without the work by simply clicking to apply new Comic, Graphic Novel, and Pen & Ink filters.
Discover a friendly and intuitive environment:
· Organize, edit, create, and share more quickly and easily thanks to big, bold icons; a helpful Action bar; and the ability to choose from Quick, Guided, and Expert editing modes to fit your needs.
Manage your photos more easily:
· Intuitively sort and manage photos and video clips based on people, places, and events using new Organizer views.
Easily create pro-quality photographic effects:
· Use new Guided Edits for step-by-step help creating tilt-shift effects that make photos look like miniature scenes, vignettes that draw attention to the center of your photos, and high- and low-key effects that add energy or drama with high levels of white or black.
Combine elements from different photos with ease:
· Cleanly extract something from one photo to put in another. Industry-le...