Corel PaintShop Pro X5 [DISCOUNT: 25% OFF!]
Softpedia in association with Corel offers you a special discount: Now, only from Softpedia, you can buy Corel PaintShop Pro with a 25% discount. Take advantage of this opportunity and press the Buy Now button; you'll surely notice the discount has been activated. No coupons, no codes, no questions, no hassle! Get it now, while it's hot!
Softpedia Editor's Review for Corel PaintShop Pro X5 [DISCOUNT: 25% OFF!]
It's everything you need to create fantastic photos!
Written by Elena Opris on April 20th, 2013
The software market doesn’t fall short of image editors these days. Most of them are bundled with basic photo editing features that aren’t enough to make your work stand out of the crowd. If this is the case, you need a professional editing assistant, such as Corel PaintShop Pro.
This is a full-featured graphic editor that includes some of the most amazing effects and correction tools the market has ever seen. In addition, it also provides the means to quickly organize your images, by quickly selecting, sorting, and rating them.
Corel PaintShop Pro features a stylish and well-organized interface that’s divided into three main modules: Manage, Adjust and Edit. The first one allows users to tag or rate their photos, as well as to edit the file information or view EXIF data.
Starting with the Adjust panel, the image editing part begins. In this workspace, users benefit from a few tools that aim to perform quick fixes of your photos. As such, you have the Smart Photo Fix utility that has the ability to suggest just the right amount of brightness, shadows, highlights or saturation that your photo needs in order to look spectacular. You can also make adjustments to the color balance or remove the digital noise overlaid over your images.
Corel PaintShop Pro’s strongest module is the one located in the Edit workspace. This section is slightly different from the previous ones; this is a panel that comprises a richer array of menus and tools, all for the greater good. Quicker access to editing tools is provided via the Learning Center, a sidebar that provides shortcuts to the most important functions: Effects, Layers, Quick Adjustments, Text and Print to name a few.
Other features worth mentioning are: Selective Focus (to add depth of field while blurring other details), the RAW lab (with improved histograms for better fine-tunning), the Smart Carver (enables you to remove objects from images without affecting its quality) and the Makeover Tools (a set of tools for face enhancements).
To sum up, Corel PaintShop brings a set of sophisticated, yet not complicated tools for image editing. With it, you can add finesse and style to your photos while having fun.
Corel PaintShop Pro X5 [DISCOUNT: 25% OFF!] description
Here are some key features of "Corel PaintShop Pro X5 [DISCOUNT: 25% OFF!]":
· Enjoy a more natural workflow in the redesigned PaintShop Pro X4 interface. Move freely between three tabbed areas to manage, adjust and edit your photos. Browse, tag and organize your growing photo collection in the Manage workspace. Find frequently used tools for quick fixes in the Adjust workspace. Explore the powerful tools in the Edit workspace for in-depth photo editing, image composition and graphic design.
Shot Info Panel:
· Everything you need to know about your image, including the camera it was shot with and the settings, is available at a glance.
Dual monitor support:
· Manage your photos on one screen while editing on the other.
· Get helpful information about PaintShop Pro tasks, command and tools. The home page of the Learning Center follows a task-based workflow, so you can get the information you need at any stage of the photo-editing process.
Speed and performance:
· With performance updates that include GPU optimizations, the PaintShop Pro X4 interface is fast and responsive for a more enjoyable photo-editing experience.
· Noise Reduction, Vibrancy, Tone Mapping and many other real-time effects let you see results as you work.
New! High Dynamic Range (HDR) module:
· Create perfectly exposed photos or stunning surrealistic images with the new HDR module. The module lets you merge photos taken at different exposures or experiment with the tonal range of your images. Try it with images taken using the auto-bracketing feature on your DSLR.
· Now you can combine elements from several shots of the same scene to create the perfect photo. Remove unwanted cars or people from a street scene. Or improve a group photo by taking the best smiles from a series of shots.
Fill Light and Clarity:
· Brighten shadows without changing the rest of your image with the Fill Light and Clarity filter. It's an easy way to draw attention to subtle details and increase the texture and depth of your photos.
· Get the effect of expensive tilt-shift lenses without the cost! Selective Focus lets you turn a scene into a miniature world. You can also use it to add depth of field and blur out distracting details.
· Draw attention to the focal point of your photo by applying a classic faded border around the edges. Use intuitive sliders to control the appearance of the edges by choosing the shape, color and tone, and adjusting the amount of blur, glow, and feathering.
· Get a better look at your images with a larger preview area in the RAW Lab. The improved histogram lets you fine-tune images quickly and the new highlight recovery feature helps you restore detail in overexposed areas.
· Use layers to protect your original image, especially with complex editing such as adding elements, creating image compositions, or applying artistic enhancements or text.
· Seamlessly remove objects from an image with professional quality. Smart Carver also lets you expand or contract objects without distortion.
· The integrated Object Extractor isolates an object—even challenging cases such as flyaway hair and fuzzy pet fur—so it can be copied to a new background or a new background can be pasted behind it.
· Make sure the people in your photos look their best with tools that are fun and easy to use. Help your subjects look thinner in seconds, whiten bloodshot eyes, smooth wrinkles, paint on a tan and remove blemishes.
Sophisticated cloning tools:
· Easily remove flaws and objects from your photos and fill in the space with content from another area of your image.
Scratch Remover tool:
· Repair scratches and cracks on your photos by filling them in with matching content from the surrounding area.
· Save time by creating scripts to automate common photo-editing actions.
Custom Screen Capture:
· Easily capture images directly from your screen for use in presentations, training guides and other material.
Advanced Warp tools:
· Twirl, expand or contract areas of an image to create interesting effects or extreme model makeovers.
Vector Editing tools:
· Draw and edit vector objects, and combine artistic elements with your photos to create unique designs.
Art Media brushes:
· Enjoy endless creative possibilities with the extensive brush options in PaintShop Pro X4.
· Web graphic tools
· Save and optimize images for the web complete with image mapping, slicing and rollovers.
· 1.5 GHz processor (2 GHz or higher recommended)
· Microsoft DirectX 9
· 1 GB of RAM (2 GB or higher recommended)
· 3 GB of free hard drive space
· Minimum display resolution: 1024 x 768 (24-bit color)
· Windows-compatible DVD-ROM drive for installation
· Internet connection required for online features
· CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, or DVD+R burner (to create PhotoSafe backup discs and Quick Discs)
· 30 days trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
75 new and enhanced features:
· Enjoy a no-limits photo-editing environment that gives you the freedom to achieve your creative vision. PaintShop Pro X4 includes 75 new and enhanced features that we developed based on the needs and interests of real users, like you!
New! High Dynamic Range (HDR) module:
· Create perfectly exposed photos or stunning surrealistic images with the new HDR module. The module lets you merge photos taken at different exposures or experiment with the tonal range of your images. Choose from two modes-Exposure Merge and Batch Merge-depending on the number of images you're working on.
New! Photo Blend:
· Combine elements from several shots of the same scene to create the perfect photo. Remove unwanted cars or people from a street scene. Or choose the best smiles from several photos to create the perfect group shot.
New! Fill Light and Clarity:
· Brighten shadows without changing the rest of your image with the Fill Light and Clarity filter. It's an easy w...
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to install Google Toolbar that the program doesn't require to fully function.
|Go to top|