The LionSnake Modeler is designed for creating subdivision surface models for use with the Persistence of Vision Ray Tracer.
Here are some key features of "The LionSnake Modeler":
· Posable models - The models can be built around a linked skeleton
· UV-mapping - You can create uv-mapped meshes
· POV-Ray Export - The models can be exported to an include file readable by the Persistence of Vision Ray Tracer. The files are designed to work with my New Surface Subdivision Suite to produce smooth, organic shapes
· OBJ file export - The modeler can export Alias/Wavefront OBJ files
· OpenGL for rendering - I would have used DirectX, but Microsoft made DirectX more difficult to program than was necessary
· OpenGL 1.1. or better is required.
· A 16-bit color screen is good enough.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Merging two vertices, with subdivision preview turned on, often caused a crash. Fixed.
· When mirroring was turned on, the mirrored edges were sometimes scaled incorrectly. Fixed.
· The font used in axis marking is now implemented without resort to the Windows GDI. This is part of an ongoing effort to increase portability.