RIOT Plugin is a graphic tool created to boos the functionality of GIMP, IrfanView and XnView, by probiding you with an image optimizing plugin.
It's derived from Radical Image Optimization Tool (RIOT for short), which is an image optimizer that will let you to visually adjust compression parameters while keeping minimum filesize.
It uses with a side by side (dual view) or single view interface to compare the original with the optimized image in real time and instantly see the resulting file size.
It is lightweight, fast and simple to use, yet powerful for advanced users. You will be able to control compression, number of colors, metadata settings and much more, and select image format (JPG, GIF or PNG) for your output file.
Here are some key features of "RIOT Plugin":
- open many image types including rare/scientific types
- save and optimize JPEG, GIF and PNG with a simple, clean user interface
- automatic optimization selects the most suitable format and parameters
- works in dual view: (original – optimized image) or single view (optimized image).
- automatic preview of resulting image
- in-place compare function (alternativelly display the original image over the optimized image to notice small pixel changes)
- compress files to desired filesize threshold
- fast processing (all is done in memory);
- see instant results including resulting filesize
- batch support (process multiple files at once)
- transparency handling options
- decide if you want to keep metadata (comments, IPTC, Adobe XMP, EXIF profiles, ICC profiles).
- Unsupported metadata is removed
- transfer metadata between image formats (destination format must support them)
- fixed r s h l v keys prohibited in batch->output path
- fixed filesize different single file vs batch mode if image is resized and using automatic mode.The original was analyzed instead of the resized one in batch mode.
- fixed RIOT stops opening images after switching to batch mode and back
- fixed scrollbar flicker
- fixed loading of TGA 8-bit files with a palette size greater that 256
- fixed TIFF parser didn't initialize the memory with zeros in stripped mode. This caused random bitmap data if the tiff file was corrupted/invalid.
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
- Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function (Open Candy)