Softpedia Editor's Review for Konvertor
View / convert / organize between 2513 different formats
Written by Elena Opris on March 12th, 2013
Konvertor is a software that aims to offer you a solution when it comes to viewing and converting image, audio, video and text files of various formats.
There is the possibility of setting up Konvertor as a portable software during installation. Also, you can check the option to create a system restore point before installing the tool.
The user interface of the tool is intuitive, thanks to its Explorer-based layout. You can view an image in full screen mode, add an item to the selection list, open a text document in hexadecimal mode, add EXIF, IPTC, XMP or ICC profiles, as well as give ratings and set priorities.
You can also set a category, use image managements tools (e.g. compose two images, set image as wallpaper, morph) and file management tools (e.g. batch-rename files, split, change timestamp).
In addition, you can sort files according to various filters (e.g. by name, last accessed date, width), select files by priority or rating, as well as compress and convert files.
Konvertor enables you to take a snapshot (full screen, active window, other opened windows), get files from the scanner, generate file listings, extract layers, movie frames or music, view a vertical pane, create a PDF album or multi-page file, and more.
In the "Settings" menu, you can change the theme, fully customize the interface (e.g. in list view and tree view), connect to a FTP server, change registry options and output settings.
Konvertor is a complex program that uses moderate to high system resources and contains a well-drawn help file. However, it sprung various errors during our tests. Also, the program takes a while to load a folder with dozens of thumbnails and during this time it freezes.
In conclusion, Konvertor is a good tool for viewing and converting media and text files, but it definitely needs to fix its problems. Otherwise is can be use by both novices and experts.
Here are some key features of "Konvertor":
· For images: Auto-Trim, Crop, Deskew, Flip, Mirror, Resample, Resize, Rotate, Shear, Add Noise, Anti-Alias, Average, Bending, Border Remove
· Brightness, Buttonize, Color Resolution, Colored Gray, Contour
· Contrast, Cylindrical, Despeckle, Dilate, Dot Remove, DPI Resolution
· Edge Detector, Emboss, Erode, Etch, Gamma Correct, Gaussian Blur
· Glow, Gradient, Grayscale, Half-Tone, HistoContrast, Hole Punch Remove
· Hue, Impressionist, Intensity Detect, Invert, Invert Text, Laplacian
· Line Remove, Line Segment, Max Filter, Median, Min Filter, Mosaic
· Motion Blur, Multiply, Oilify, Old Photo, Pixelate, Polar, Posterize, Prewitt
· Punch, Radial Wave, Ripple, Saturation, Sharpen, Smooth, Sobel, Solarize
· Swirl, Unsharp, Wave, and more!
· Quick photo retouch integrated, powerful and simple to use
· Category Management enabling to classify a photo in x categories or albums
· Retouch search on Exif, IPTC infos
· Digital watermarker
· Powerful impressions functions: thumbnailed images, presetted sizes, legends
· Convert ascii TXT files to images
· Conversion from clipboard
· Hexadecimal display
· Screen capture
· Resources extraction from exe, dll, ocx, vbx etc...
· Slide show with transition effects
· Explorer add-on
· Full support of LAME and BladeEnc encoders
· Visualization/extraction from ZIP, RAR, ARJ, ACE, CAB, LZH, LHA compressed files
· Extraction of the audio content of video files
· Batch processing
· CD converter including CDDB features, CD tracks converted to MP3, WAV, OGG, RAW
· Email your images/music/sounds
· Download images from the web
· Upload your images with FTP
· FAX viewer (30 different FAX formats)
· Muilti language support.
· 30 days trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· double-clicking a file in the W8 Explorer did not worked
· extracting from multiframed files did not worked
| ||Softpedia guarantees that Konvertor 4.09 Build 6 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |