STOIK Smart Resizer [DISCOUNT: 15% OFF!] description
Use smart interpolation for digital zooming and resizing
Softpedia in association with STOIK Imaging offers you a special discount: Now, only from Softpedia, you can buy STOIK Smart Resizer with a 15% DISCOUNT. Take advantage of this opportunity and press the "Buy Now" button; you'll surely notice the discount has been activated. No coupons, no codes, no questions, no hassle! Get it now, while it's hot!
Smart Resizer is an easy to use and useful application which offers you various methods to resize digital photos.
You will find STOIK Smart Resizer very useful for multiple tasks from quality zooming to increasing resolution of digital pictures to creation of good-looking image thumbnails. To increase resolution of digital photo one needs to add pixels to those registered by camera or scanner CCD.
Color values in newly added pixels are calculated by interpolating values of adjacent pixels in original photo. The quality of resizing depends on the algorithm used for interpolation, and with all conventional interpolation methods such as bilinear or bicubic, the interpolation results in blurred image.
This program offers in addition to standard methods new Smart Resize algorithm developed by STOIK Imaging. This algorithm makes intelligent zooming possible through analysis of picture content for natural textures, contours, and line art, and application of adapted interpolation methods for specific areas.
The result is the ability to enlarge digital images without loss of visual sharpness. One particular important implementation of the new algorithm is enlargement of cameraphone photos and photos taken with sub-megapixel cameras for resolution sufficient for quality prints.
The algorithm also allows for creation of smart thumbnails – small copies of originals which could be effectively restored to original resolution with simple interpolation.
Here are some key features of "STOIK Smart Resizer [DISCOUNT: 15% OFF!]":
Smart Image Resizing:
STOIK Smart Resizer makes huge enlargements possible with no loss of visual sharpness. A number of proprietary state-of-the-art algorithms help the program achieve the best interpolation results on high-scale resizing. Major benefits of using STOIK Smart Resizer include:
· No quality loss photo resizing with a proprietary smart interpolation algorithm
· Includes industry-standard bilinear and bicubic algorithms
· Instant preview helps selecting the most appropriate resizing algorithm
· The ability to create high-quality, detailed thumbnails
· Dozens of predefined resize templates included
· Batch resizing and blazing-fast operation
Adaptive Photo Enlargement:
· If using the smart interpolation algorithm to enlarge or shrink images, STOIK Smart Resizer will automatically analyze the image being resized, detecting features such as natural textures, lines, and edges, and adaptively interpolate the different parts of the image to preserve visual crispness and image detail. The Smart Resize algorithm can produce enlargements of up to 1000% the original size without obvious signs of loss of visual sharpness.
Choosing the Most Appropriate Resizing Algorithm Made Easy:
· While resizing images, you will have the choice of quite a few resizing algorithms, including the STOIK Imaging proprietary “Smart Resize” option. Which one to choose in a particular situation? While we would love to recommend using the “Smart Resize” algorithm every time, some tasks may require a different approach.
· STOIK Smart Resizer allows you to choose a resizing algorithm that best fits the job. To help you choose the best algorithm depending on image content and enlargement factor, STOIK Smart Resizer will display an instant preview of a portion of the image being resized once you select a resizing algorithm from the list. Note that some sophisticated algorithms, including STOIK proprietary Smart Resize, may require more time to display a preview.
· Enlarging a bunch of photos or producing thumbnails out of a thousand images could not be made easier. STOIK Smart Resizer comes with advanced Batch Mode with Filmstrip area for easy image selection. Select images by placing files into the Filmstrip by dragging and dropping from Windows Explorer or the internal image browser of STOIK Smart Resizer, choose your resizing settings, and click to proceed.
· STOIK Smart Resizer implements blazing fast resizing methods to make batch jobs finish as soon as possible.
Built-in Image Browser:
· STOIK Smart Resizer comes with a fully featured image browser with thumbnail previews, full-screen and 100% view modes. Tree and folder browser modes are supported.
· 512 MB RAM or above for Windows XP
· 1GB for Win7 or Vista
· 20 MB HDD
· 15-day trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Imagic 5 integration
· Full Microsoft Windows 7 support
· New licensing engine
· Bug fixes and algorithm improvements