Softpedia Editor's Review for SUPER
Surpasses any known player by supporting just any multimedia file format
Written by Bogdan Popa on January 25th, 2013
Those looking for a software that can serve both as a multimedia player and converter have a lot of applications to choose from. Among these utilities, SUPER distinguishes itself as a powerful and versatile video encoder that supports a wide array of audio and video formats.
With the help of this tool you can turn almost any kind of movie from its original format to a new one. SUPER is able to work with videos in 3GP, AVI, MOV, AVI or WMV format but, in the same time, it can also get along with AC3, MP3 and OGG file types.
The interface of SUPER is one of the few things that could receive improvements in the future, as it focuses more on functionality rather than good looks. Overall, the application is pretty easy to use and every step is nicely organized in the main window, so that users can check their desired options on the spot.
Since it has been designed to be accessible to all types of users, changing the built-in video and audio settings takes a couple of seconds. The customizable options include size, FPS, video bitrate, sampling rate, number of channels and audio bitrate. SUPER supports batch file processing as well, so you can simply drag and drop several files you want to have converted.
For those looking for a powerful encoder and converter, SUPER seems to be just the right tool at the right time. Its features are at hand and the variety of configurable options allow it to earn a spot on the list of recommendations.
· At least 1800 MHz Intel Pentium4 processor or equivalent. (64-bit CPU not supported)
· 512MB of RAM or more.
· 20GB of free Hard disk space or more.
· 1024 x 768 video resolution or larger.
· 32,000-color video or more.
· IE 5.5 or later.
· Internet connection.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· [ADD] Video/Audio Capture Recording feature from WebCam, Tuner, DeskTopCapture, Sound Card, Microphone etc..
· [ADD] UNICODE Input/source files support to Play or Encode files like Arabic, Greek, Hebrew, Russian, Thai etc..
· [ADD] Support to encode, play and render 'ASAO' Audio Codec in FLV Output Container
· [ADD] Support to encode, play and render 'Apple ProRes (iCodec Pro)' Video Codec in MOV Output Container with 8 different profiles
· [ADD] Additional supported formats to the 'Join Format-Identical Files' function in the Output Process
· [ADD] Additional supported support to the 'Split Into Smaller Files' function in the Output Process
· [Fix] Default OUTPUT Folder to '..\My documents\eRightSoft\OutPut'
· [Fix] Bug with rendered SWF files where AUDIO wasn't correctly played on web browser in stream mode
· [Fix] Very critical bug
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to download or install software or components that the program does not require to fully function
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system