Softpedia Editor's Review for iPodRobot Video Converter
Free software which converts almost any formats of video file into iPod format.
Written by Elena Opris on August 6th, 2012
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for iPodRobot Video Converter
iPodRobot Video Converter is an application with a pretty self-explanatory title - it allows you to encode media files to the MP4 format supported by iPod devices.
The interface of the program is plain and simple to work with. Media files can be imported into the list by using the file browser only, because the "drag and drop" method is not supported. Batch processing is allowed.
In the queue you can check out the source path, duration, size, thumbnail along with audio and video settings of each file. So, after you specify the output profile and directory, you can initiate the encoding job.
Furthermore, you can change audio and video parameters when it comes to the codec, channel mode, bit rate, sample frequency rate, volume, aspect ratio, frame rate, and others. But you can also merge or cut videos, customize CPU usage, customize toolbars, change the interface skin, and others.
The video processing tool takes up a moderate amount of system resources, has a good response time, quickly finishes a task and manages to keep a good image and sound quality. No errors have occurred during our tests and iPodRobot Video Converter did not freeze or crash. Unfortunately, the help file is not available and the interface is slightly outdated. Otherwise, we strongly recommend iPodRobot Video Converter to all users.
iPodRobot Video Converter description
Here are some key features of "iPodRobot Video Converter":
· Convert to iPod video from all popular video formats, including AVI, MPEG, WMV, MOV, MP4, RM, RMVB, DivX, ASF, VOB, 3GP, etc.
· Ability to select different audio track inside video.
· Trim video, set the start and end of the video clip to get your desired segment.
· Join video, join multiple video files into one video file.
· High-speed conversion, The conversion speed is much faster than the speed in real time.
· Extremely easy to use, skin-able user interface.
· 750MHz Intel/AMD CPU or higher,
· 256MB RAM or more.
· DirectX 8.1 or higher.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New preview feature, now it is accurate preview.
· Added 96kbps audio bitrate.