Softpedia Editor's Review for Debut Video Capture Software
Desktop and webcam audio-video recorder
Written by Bogdan Popa on November 19th, 2012
Debut Video Capture Software is an application that allows you to record video either from a local camera or a network one. You can also use it to capture the screen activity and save the recordings in the most popular video formats.
The interface is pretty intuitive, with all the features nicely organized in the main window. You need to setup the video camera before running the app, otherwise it will automatically switch to the screen recording tool.
There are multiple options placed right in the main window, including the format you wish to choose, such as AVI, MP4, 3GP, FLV, MOV or ASF.
In addition, you can play a little bit with encoder options and change video and sound compressors, but there's also a setting to edit the output file.
You thus get multiple configurations that include choosing the final video resolution and the framerate, and you also have the power to enable time-lapse and capture one frame at a user defined interval.
Of course, the application can also be controlled via hotkeys, so you won't have to open the application while recording to pause or stop the video.
There are numerous settings concerning the devices, the output, the hotkeys, or the snapshots so, among other things, you also have the power to highlight the mouse cursor, limit the recording time to a user defined value, run the application at Windows startup, disable the Aero screen effects and many more yet.
Everything worked very smooth during our test, but a minor slowdown in performance on slower computers my be noticed.
To sum up, Debut Video Capture Software is one of the best apps of its kind and in case you wish to record screen activity either for tutorials or just for fun, this could be the right pick.
Debut Video Capture Software description
Here are some key features of "Debut Video Capture Software":
· Capture video directly to your hard drive.
· Record video in many different file formats including .avi, .wmv, .flv, .asf .mpg, .3gp, .mp4, .mov and more.
· Record from your webcam, screen or video input device (eg. VHS recorder).
· Record almost anything - anything you can see on your monitor can be recorded.
· Record video and audio simultaneously.
· Create photo snap-shots at any time.
· Add your own text captions or time stamp your video.
· Change colour settings and video effects before recording.
· Adjust the video resolution, size and frame rate for capture.
· Ability to burn directly to DVD with Express Burn DVD Recorder.
· Works with BroadCam Streaming Video Server to stream over the internet.
· Optional - Webcam with Windows Drivers
· Optional - USB Video Capture Device
· Nag Screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Snapshot capture
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function