Softpedia Editor's Review for Ultra Video Splitter
Will split a large video file into smaller video clips
Written by Elena Opris on February 7th, 2013
Ultra Video Splitter is a software that can easily cut video files into smaller pieces. The program has a simple and inuitive interface, so even first-time users can easily get around it.
The first thing you need to do is add a file (the "drag and drop" method is supported). You can also configure audio and subtitle settings (Ultra Video Splitter can automatically load the subtitle file if it has the same file name as the video and is placed in the same root).
In the next step, you need to select "Split Mode" - split a marked range into one block, multi clips, by time in seconds or by file size in megabytes. Select the output folder and format, and initiate the splitting process.
Since you can select an output format that is different from the original video, that makes Ultra Video Splitter a converter as well. Profiles you can select here include "General Video" (e.g. AVI, MPG, WMV), "CVD SVCD DVD Disc", "Apple", "Sony", "Blackberry", "Microsoft", "Mobile Phone", "PMP" and user defined.
Furthermore, you can also add a letterbox to keep the original aspect, configure video size and quality, as well as audio volume and quality.
Once a task is completed, Ultra Video Splitter can open the output folder or shutdown the computer (select your preferred action in the "Actions" menu). Also, you can change the interface language and enlarge the font.
The program uses a moderate amount of system resources, comes with a step-by-step guide that contains snapshots and didn't freeze or crash during our tests. We strongly recommend Ultra Video Splitter to all users.
Ultra Video Splitter description
Here are some key features of "Ultra Video Splitter":
· Split,cut or trim large video file into smaller clips
· Support large video file, even large then 2GB
· Very fast and without any quality loss.
· Very User-friendly interface
· Supports AVI(Divx,XviD, MPEG4), MPEG I/II, DVD(.VOB), RealMedia(.RM, .RMVB), VCD(.DAT), ASF/WMV
· All supported formats to MPEG1
· All supported formats to MPEG2
· All supported formats to VCD,SVCD,DVD(PAL,NTSC)
· All supported formats to AVI(DivX,XviD, MPEG-4.....)
· All supported formats to Windows Media Format (WMV/ASF)
· Very easy to use
· DirectX 8.0 Runtime or higher
· Pentium 300 MHz or better
· 128M or more RAM
· Optional: DivX Codec is recommended
· split 50% for each clip
· nag screen