Softpedia Editor's Review for Adobe Media Player
Watch Internet-delivered TV and video podcasts
Written by Giorgiana Bursuc on November 29th, 2012
Nowadays, most television shows are also available online and it’s only a matter of taste when someone chooses to watch their movies on TV or on their computer screen. Adobe Media Player is a user-friendly application that allows users to search for their preferred episodes online and download them to the PC.
First of all, in order to access the functions of this application, an Adobe account is required, as the username and password is needed before gaining access to the app interface. Due to this tool, one can subscribe to Internet television shows or other online video content, so as to be able to watch them on demand.
After users specify the movie genre they like best and find the suitable shows, they can also pin them as ‘favorites’ so they can be easily located when one want to relax and watch a movie, or to create a list of items that should be downloaded at a later time.
Furthermore, one can also use Adobe Media Player to organize their downloaded items and sort them chronologically, according to the date each episode or movie was released. In addition, it is possible to configure the application to show only the latest episodes of a certain show or to allow users to catch up and provide them with access to several of the latest episodes, with as much as clicking a button.
However, please note that this application has been discontinued and that users can no longer gain access to television shows and episodes, so those who like to rely on their PC to watch movies and TV shows are advised to search for an alternative software solution.
Adobe Media Player description
Here are some key features of "Adobe Media Player":
· Discover new Internet TV shows and video podcasts from leading media companies.
· Stream, download, manage, and play your personal collection of rich meda videos right from your desktop.
· Automatically download new episodes of your favorite shows and video podcasts.
· Quickly manage and play new episodes from your favorite shows and video podcasts when and in whatever order you choose.
Hardware-accelerated full-screen support:
· Play back full-screen videos with improved performance.
· More control over your viewing experience
· Enjoy new video scaling options (full window/full screen, actual size, scale up), keyboard controls (play, pause, fast forward, rewind), and a resume play option that starts playback where you last stopped the video.
Ability to customize your environment:
· Set your Adobe Media Player preferences, along with new episode default settings that govern playback of newly downloaded shows, in the Options area.
· Quickly and easily find the shows you want to see using keywords or tags.
· Have your own marathon of all the episodes of your favorite show with one click of the play button.
Content status indicators:
· Quickly see the status of each episode of your favorite show, whether it is being downloaded or streamed, and if you've watched it or not.
· Intel Pentium 4 2.33GHz or faster processor
· 1GB of RAM and 64MB of VRAM
· Adobe Air