Softpedia Editor's Review for FreeSmith Video Player
Play audio, video, DVDs files easily!
Written by Elena Opris on July 17th, 2012
FreeSmith Video Player is an application that you can easily use to play your media files in a simple manner, as it is suggested by the title.
The interface of the program is clean and intuitive. Media files can be imported into the list via the file browser or "drag and drop" method.
So, you can use basic media player tools, such as pause and stop, navigate back and forth within the clip and adjust the volume, as well as play the previous and next track.
Furthermore, you can load subtitles, switch to full screen mode, change the size, ratio and orientation of the image, adjust the play speed, jump to a particular frame, make image adjustments (e.g. brightness, saturation, contrast, gamma), and others.
The application runs on a moderate amount of system resources, has a good response time and didn't freeze, crash or pop up errors during our tests. Unfortunately, there is no help file available, which is a huge downside for novices.
Plus, you cannot configure the program's behavior (e.g. enable to automatically run at system startup). Also, the tool crashed once when we tried importing clips via the "drag and drop" method. Other than that, we strongly recommend FreeSmith Video Player to all users.
FreeSmith Video Player description
Here are some key features of "FreeSmith Video Player":
Just Put the Videos in Free Video Player and Enjoy:
· Support a wide range of video formats: 3G2,3GP, 0223, AMV, ASF, AVI, AVS, DAT, DIVX, DV, DVR, DVR-MS, F4V, FLV, IVR, M1V, M2TS, M2V, M4V, MKV, MOV, MP4, MPE, MPEG, MPG, MPV, MTS, OGM, QT, RM, RMVB, SMV, SWF, TOD, TP, TS, VOB, VRO, WMV, WTV etc.
· Support Online Videos (simply input the video source download link and watch them)
Wow, DVD Should Be Played with FreeSmith Video Player:
· FreeSmith video player is not only a video and music player, but also a smart free dvd player which allows you to watch protected DVD movies freely. It seems that the generation of using the DVD player to play DVD is out.
· With Free DVD player, you could watch DVD and choose to play it according to chapter, subtitle and track.
Wanna Change? Flexible Settings exact for You:
· Dress the video player any time. Change the color, shade and the skin of the video player as you like.
· Control the seek time, play speed and set screen length, video output format, channel... freely.
Control the Video Playing Performance:
· Accelerate or slow the video, enlarge or narrow the play screen, select a different subtitile/track to be showed, increase or weaken contrast, saturation, brightness and rotate the video, all these can be done by a simple click.
· You may DIY how to make the video play according to your idea.
Powerful video editing function:
· Trim video clips, crop video, rotate video, join video, add subtitles, edit video codecs, dimension, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate, channel, video/audio quality.
Easier operation and management:
· Manage your output videos by profile or group with a file calculator. Show or hide the file management panel in one click. Embed useful pre-defined options to choose and completely customize frame size, video bitrate, audio bitrate by manually entering a value.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Add the function of save playlist and load playlist;
· Create screenshot icon on the top window of the player;
· Tooltips added when clearing the playlist and reading blu-ray disc unsuccessfully;
· Modify the seek time control bar in settings.
| ||Softpedia guarantees that FreeSmith Video Player 1.23 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |