Gom Player 18.104.22.16809
Visually appealing and easy to use
Upon installation, be advised that unless carefully going through each step, you might end up with a different homepage for your default web browser. The process finishes in a matter of seconds, unveiling a simple, yet intuitive and pretty interface. You may anytime change the default skin from the 'Preferences' menu.
One of the most useful aspects in terms of visuals, is that you can carefully place the main window on the desktop due to its sticky borders that get a grip of other windows as well. The same can be said for the playlist and control panel, which can be pinned to the player and moved along as a whole.
Organize files into playlists
In order to be a veritable media player, an application shouldn't be missing some basic features. Gom Player makes no exception, one of the most important being a playlist manager. It is brought up in a separate window and desired items can easily be dragged over it. Moreover, you are also able to import existing playlists in case you only want to change your default multimedia application.
Enhance video and sound
Furthermore, the application puts a small, but powerful control panel at your disposal with which your overall audio and video experience is enhanced. A 12-band equalizer makes sure sound reaches your ears clean, offering you a decent variety of presets, but also the possibility to save custom configurations.
In addition, you can adjust color sliders to correct any flaws in the image, as well as capture a specific frame you might want to use in other projects. Subtitles can be loaded for greater ease of access and positioned by adjusting several sliders.
To end with
Taking everything into consideration, we can say that Gom Player certainly lives up to expectations, holding a seat at the table of giants. It lets you instantly accommodate due to the intuitive and design, while the amount of formats it can render leave nothing more to be desired, except popcorn to go with the movie.
Reviewed by Mircea Dragomir on July 7th, 2014
- last updated on:
- September 11th, 2014, 14:45 GMT
- file size:
- 12.6 MB
- developed by:
- license type:
- operating system(s):
- Windows XP / XP 64 bit / Vista / Vista 64 bit / 7 / 7 64 bit / 8 / 8 64 bit
- C: \ Multimedia \ Video \ Video Players
- download hub:
- Play MP4 ( + 62 others )
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
- Corrected a security issue
- Corrected an issue where the screen capture features were not working properly when a video was in the "pause" state.
- Corrected an issue where certain files would not be displayed with the proper aspect ratio when using the Enhanced Video Renderer video output type.
- Correct an issue where Arabic and other RTL subtitles were not being displayed correctly.
Application descriptionGom Player is a multimedia player that can play most of the differently encoded video formats that include AVI, MPEG, ...
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
- Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
- Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
- Offers to download or install software or components that the program does not require to fully function
- Displays ad banners or other types of advertising material during its runtime