Watch TV and videos
NextPVR is a fully featured Personal Video Recorder (PVR) that allows you to schedule TV recordings and view / pause live TV.
Furthermore, the program can also act as a media center that allows you to watch movies, listen to music, view pictures and listen to FM radio.
NextPVR also supports specialist hardware decoders including Sigma Designs XCard, Hauppauge PVR350 and Hauppauge MediaMVP. NextPVR also supports multiple tuners, allowing you to record more multiple channels at one time.
For TV Tuner cards, currently supported are:
· Hauppauge PVR250, PVR250MCE, PVR350, PVR USB2, PVR150, PVR150MCE and the dual-tuner PVR500MCE
· ATI Theatre 550 Pro
· DVB-T and DVB-S devices with BDA drivers including:
· Hauppauge Nova-S
· Hauppauge Nova-T
· Hauppauge Nova-T USB2
· Pinnacle MediaCenter 300i
· Twinhan DVB-S
· Twinhan DVB-T
· Dvico Fusion DVB-T
· V-Box DTT-150
· Blockgold GDI DVB-T
· Lifeview FlyDVB-T
Note: Free for personal, non-commercial use.
Here are some key features of "NextPVR":
· TV Guide for easy scheduling of recordings
· Support for season recordings, including
· Support for automatically converting recordings to dvix/xvid/wmv/ipod etc.
· Support for manual recordings on a specified channel at a specified time
· No-delay live preview TV, with the fastest possible channel change time
· Timeshift television allowing for pausing live tv etc.
· Multidec support enabling the use of a wide range of softcams and other DVB plugins
· DVB Subtitles
· Stable operation with Recording Service running independently to ensure recordings always happen
· Online searching and viewing of YouTube
· Support for HDTV
· Multi-lingual support, with language packs available for many languages
· Playback of all popular video formats, mpeg, avi, divx, xvid, ts etc.
· Extensible playback mechanism allowing additional file types to be added with correct codecs install
· Automatic aspect ratio control
· DVD playback from either DVD drive or hard disk
· Supports VMR9/VMR7/Overlay video renderers
· VMR9 Fullscreen Exclusive mode for the best possible picture
· Music visualization
· Supports a wide range of analog and digital cards
· Supports all prevalent digital standards, incl DVB-S, DVB-T, DVB-C and ATSC
· Support for mixed combinations of different types of capture device
· Support for different channel lineups on each capture device if required
· No GB-PVR limit on number of capture devices
· Built in support for USB-UIRT, Hauppauge, Actisys IR200L and MCE IRBlasters
· Native support for Hauppauge and MCE remotes
· Native support for any remote via USB-UIRT
· Plugin support for a wide variety of other hardware, from remotes to LCD readouts to different types of recording devices
· Client/Server or Media Extender support
· A 1GHz PIII class CPU or higher is recommended, with ideally 512MB of RAM or more.
· A supported video capture device. Analog capture devices must have an on-board hardware MPEG2 encoder. Digital ATSC or DVB devices must have BDA compliant drivers. A full list of devices can be found on the wiki.
· Microsoft .NET 2.0 runtime
· You must also have installed the updated Microsoft runtime files from before installing NextPVR.
· If you're running Windows 2000, you'll also need to install MDAC2.6 (or higher).
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· fixed issue where TV Guide would sometimes not highlight shows as pending recordings after being left overnight
· fixed an audio issue on Colossus devices with HDMI/SPDIF
· fixed a bug that would stop XBMC addon from being able to delete recordings that were made from a recurring recording.
· fixed a bug with duplicate checking when scheduling recordings.
· fixed a bug that could cause NextPVR to release device if XBMC paused live tv for more than a few seconds.
· fixed a bug that could cause some missing ATSC/QAM channels.
· fixed a bug with 'all episodes, all channels' recordings which would the match to be 'beginning of string' even if user had configured it to use an exact match.
· fixed a couple of problems with scheduling manual recurring recordings problems (related to timezone).
· updated tuning files for New Zealand and UK.
· added channel import/export buttons on the Settings->Devices screen.
· fixed a bug with missing the first episode when scheduling a recurring recording when first episode ...